Diesel Injector Service (NE Scotland)

gandy

Aberdeenshire (quite far from the Solent)
Hi,

Could of questions. Firstly I was wondering whether it would be worthwhile getting the injectors for our Beta cleaned/adjusted/serviced, really just as a preventative measure because our engine has quite high hours and I don't know when they were previously checked (if ever).

Secondly can anyone recommend someone who could do such a service, either in Aberdeen or NE Scotland, or by mail order.

Thanks in advance,

Tony S

[448]

A quick google comes up with Airylea motors, Aberdeen if you must get them done.

D

Deleted member 36384

Turner Diesel in Dyce serviced a set of injectors off a Nuffield 3-45 tractor for me many moons ago. I do remember it made a noticeable difference to the running of the tractor post service. I don't know if they are still there.

savageseadog

My experience is it takes a lot of hours to wear injectors out, you can have them tested for free but unless you really believe they are faulty I wouldn't bother.

gandy

Aberdeenshire (quite far from the Solent)
Thanks everyone. The engine has around 2200 hours over 20 years so pure number of hours is not all that high by Diesel standards, although high for an auxiliary. My only real concern is that it needs more pre-heat that I'd expect, even in warm weather. That could be low compression of course but injectors would be easier to check first. To be honest I don't think I'll bother unless it gets worse.