Diesel bio, how do we know

SolentPhill

Visit site
Today I wanted to order some red diesel I rang my supplier and ordered 2000 ltr, I also order a few extra for the boat I asked about the bio and they said it's in the diesel, I said I wanted some for the boat without bio and they said it came like it. I explained boats can still use it without bio but they said they couldn't supply it.

I then rang 6 other suppliers who all said the same thing. How do boat owners know what's in the fuel you purchase? I know there must be suppliers who will sell it but I can't find one. Cowes has got it so it can be bought

mad_boater

Visit site
Today I wanted to order some red diesel I rang my supplier and ordered 2000 ltr, I also order a few extra for the boat I asked about the bio and they said it's in the diesel, I said I wanted some for the boat without bio and they said it came like it. I explained boats can still use it without bio but they said they couldn't supply it.

I then rang 6 other suppliers who all said the same thing. How do boat owners know what's in the fuel you purchase? I know there must be suppliers who will sell it but I can't find one. Cowes has got it so it can be bought

Forgive me for being thick but does a bio diesil mix damage engines?

westernman

www.devalk.nl
I think the issue is more to do with it being prone to Bug infestation - especially if left undisturbed for a while (say over the winter season).

When 100% biodiesel became available in Munich 20 years ago, we were told that the problem would be with certain engines with the rubber bits in the fuel lines. Apparently bio diesel would cause them to degrade much faster than normal stuff. Also not all rubber bits are made from the same rubber. So certain cars were not recommended to use bio diesel. Note that here we are talking about 100% bio - not a mixture.

I ran my CX Turbo diesel on the stuff with no problems.

boatmaster

Visit site

Try total butler, ask for FAME free low sulphur gas oil - the fame (fatty acid methyl ester) is the biodiesel which you dont want.