Dickies Beneteau Regatta

Heckler

Visit site
in Pwllheli last weekend, fun event, first time raced, mam and me and 2 binlids as crew, boats in marina emptying watertanks, excess gear off boats, yelling at crew etc.
moi full water tanks, dinghy on back, outboard on rail, took part, first race 28 out of 29, second race thought i had a chance, fun race, poker game pick up cards at markers, sunday race first over line, handicap race, handicap judged on previous results, end up nine out of 29 coming up to last mark before sprint to line, big 39.3 bene up our chuff, gorillas on board, explain to mam, wind on beam, car to back pull like hell on sheets, kids on topside, accelerate like a scalded cat, steer small, beat big bene to line, homdoollyla. go to prize giving, thought might have a chance in the poker race, naah, mam looking despondant, last prize on table, Spirit of the Event, reps explain that the event was supposed to be FUN, boats emptying water tanks, being very competetive, only boat with dinghy on back and engine on rail, epitomised what it was all about, mams face!! WE WON A PRIZE the much coveted Spirit of the Event
Thank you Dickies and Angie and Loraine
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
That you enjoyed it was the real prize, well done, it is a good event and regretably we couldn't be there. You obviously have the taste, and talent so why not consider some of the other events, like you we do the PYS races with full tanks, dinghy and o/b in the hold, etc. Couldn't give 2 hoots about the handicap system, just enjoy the competitive edge for a couple of hours. I feel that the club could learn from the Beneteau week-end, at some stage they have to ask, why is that so well attended and the other races aren't?

On this issue I have made my views well known to the committe rep:))

Next event on June 28.

<hr width=100% size=1>

vyv_cox

coxeng.co.uk
Well done. It's a great location for a regatta and good to hear that you won that particular prize.

We did the Celtic Regatta at Pwllheli about 8 years ago. We were five on board a GK29, full water tanks, 50 metres of anchor chain, all our clothes, food, beer, etc for the week. Then we saw crews joining other boats carrying sandwich boxes and thermos flasks. These boats were totally stripped out for racing. We did OK on the first day when it blew F6 but from then on went steadily down the fleet as the wind dropped and didn't sail the last two races. Still a very good value week as berthing was included in the entry fee.

<hr width=100% size=1>

cynthia

Visit site
Angie and Lorraine are familiar names - if that's mesdames Crianza and (probably) Moon Monkey - give them my best wishes.
Cynthia - Thurday's Child

<hr width=100% size=1>

cynthia

Visit site
Ah memories, memories. Not that we ever got a pot (well at least not in a Ben. regatta!) Well done.

All those fenders! Was that before or after the raid?

Left Pwl 12 months ago - had a great time there. Hope you enjoy it as much as we did - but then again enjoying it here over on the 'mainland'.

C

<hr width=100% size=1>

Heckler

Visit site
hiya
one of the girls has posted her email address on the bene site so yu could email her, where are you now (mainland)?
the fenders went before the race weekend,
stu

<hr width=100% size=1>