Dibden Container Port

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Might be worth moving Cowes Week...

...starts and finishes to Gurnard or Osborne Bays, depending on tide/wind and not setting courses that encourage drivers to cross Wight/Hampshire in the central Solent.

Cruising sailors wanting to do the Hamble-Cowes route might find themselves crossing toward Lepe Spit, or coming around the east of the Brambles.

BTW, dayboat sailors in particular tend not to have VHF.

Respectfully suggest your 4m 36s is actually a lot less than the time it takes a BGS to transit that part of the area of concern which might concern any individual yachtsperson, and a great deal less than will concern a well-spread racing fleet. I really can see this knocking the already not-that-attractive reasons for racing at Cowes. "I was in with a chance of the championship until SS Leviathan steamed across the track and let the leading boats get clean away."

G

Re: To elucidate

you have either never raced or it is long in your past. You also do an injustice to the CA argument

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Re: To elucidate

>My reading of the ABP traffic forecasts was that the daily movements of
vessels over 150m through the Area of Concern will rise from 10 (current) to
23 (2011)<

I haven't seen these forecasts - are they just for container vessels, or do they include the sundry other traffic like cruise liners, cable ships, fawley tankers, etc?