Devon / Cornwall boundary

penultimate

Visit site
CGull's response to JJ's post re Cornish Ensign stated that the county boundary was the Eastern bank of the R. Tamar.
The OS map shows the boundary in the middle of the river and my mooring licence from QHM dated 31st March 2007 also shows the middle of the river. The deepwater channel is just West of the middle of the river so if you were to fly St.Piran's cross from the spreader you will be doubly welcome.

T_C

Visit site
Mid river yes, but only down as far as the Tamar Bridge I believe, which then gets us back to the age old question of Drake's Island and which county it's in.....
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cornishman

Visit site
Err.. I'm not so sure about that. The Duchy is a vast enterprise as this little bit extracted from its Homepage shows

The Duchy consists of around 54,764 hectares of land in 22 counties, mostly in the South West of England.

jimg

Visit site
He still collects his fee from the River Dart and last time I looked that was well inside the Devon border!

cgull

Visit site
I have it on good authority

"Fixed by Royal Decree 936AD -The border between England and the land of Cornwall shall forever be the Eastern bank of the River Tamar"

I will be around St Anthonys Saturday afternoon, think I will fly the Cornish flag anyway!