Desperately waiting for Spring...

rhumbunctious

Visit site
Picture says it all.... brrrrr.....

(what's this global warming I keep hearing about?)

WhereIsTheSpringAlready.jpg

Sire

Visit site
I've just been for a look at our mooring area - three weeks ago it looked just like your photo. But finally and at last the ice has gone! Yay! Now to get working on the trailer... need to get the boat launched quickly before all that dreadful white stuff comes back :D

dancrane

Visit site
Don't be deceived!

Was anybody at Bournemouth last Sunday? Car-parks packed to bursting, beaches crammed with toasting humanity, the sun properly hot.

And any three-year old could have accurately counted the total number of people in the water. Oh, my God! :eek: it was cold. Up to the ankles, agony. Shins, unbearable. Knees...well, okay, I didn't go in that far.

It's still a long way from summer, even at 50 degrees north.

Sire

Visit site
Was anybody at Bournemouth last Sunday? Car-parks packed to bursting, beaches crammed with toasting humanity, the sun properly hot.

And any three-year old could have accurately counted the total number of people in the water. Oh, my God! :eek: it was cold. Up to the ankles, agony. Shins, unbearable. Knees...well, okay, I didn't go in that far.

It's still a long way from summer, even at 50 degrees north.

Yeah. We've had a lovely start to the spring up here too, but it's still below freezing at night. As for going for a dip, well... :eek:

Sire

Visit site
Not even a plunge after the sauna? & before the vodka? Or is that only the hardy Ruskis?:p

Sorry, only teasing . . . :D

I am English, by the way. But I have been for a swim through a hole in the ice. Once.

I was at a conference back in my software developing days, at a hotel next to a lake. I made the mistake of telling my (Finnish) colleagues how much I was enjoying the smoke sauna, and what a pity it was that there was no hole in the ice nearby for swimming purposes. I hadn't realised that there actually was.

Me and my big mouth :D

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
I am English, by the way. But I have been for a swim through a hole in the ice. Once.

I was at a conference back in my software developing days, at a hotel next to a lake. I made the mistake of telling my (Finnish) colleagues how much I was enjoying the smoke sauna, and what a pity it was that there was no hole in the ice nearby for swimming purposes. I hadn't realised that there actually was.

Me and my big mouth :D

I did the sauna & plunge in Samara about 10 years back. It sure clears the sinuses! Before clogging them completely for the rest of the week! But it's like knocking back the glasses of Vodka, it all becomes a Macho competition if you let it.