DEPKA??

Thedreamoneday

Visit site
Hi,

Ive just bought my new (to me) boat which is to be kept in Greece, one of the reasons I've kept the length under 12m is due to the future crushing tax implications ,which, I believe isn't being collected as yet but do I still need a DEPKA, apologies if this is obvious but I'm as little confused.

Cheers

macd

Visit site
Yes, as Vic wrote.

Note that the other changes from the same law that empowered the tax (still not being collected), are entirely to our convenience:
Only need to get the DEKPA stamped annually;
can clear in our out at any port with port police (needn't be a port of entry). This, I think, is for EU crew/boats only;
vessel keeps the same DEKPA even when clearing out (no need to buy another on re-entry).

Essentially the DEKPA now has the function of registering a vessel for the new tax.

More info on the CA website.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Silly boy. At over 12m you could have paid monthly and only for the time in the water. Now you get busted for the whole year in one shot! :( :( :(

Like you comment , but there another side to this .
A .. The tax may never come in
B ... Over 12 would mean he would have to pay an higher Marina fee where ever he laid up for the winter and hailing fee and hard standing fee , so maybe not so much of a silly boy after all :):):)

Thedreamoneday

Visit site
Yes, as Vic wrote.

Note that the other changes from the same law that empowered the tax (still not being collected), are entirely to our convenience:
Only need to get the DEKPA stamped annually;
can clear in our out at any port with port police (needn't be a port of entry). This, I think, is for EU crew/boats only;
vessel keeps the same DEKPA even when clearing out (no need to buy another on re-entry).

Essentially the DEKPA now has the function of registering a vessel for the new tax.

More info on the CA website.

Cheers

Silly boy. At over 12m you could have paid monthly and only for the time in the water. Now you get busted for the whole year in one shot! :( :( :(

Currently I'll pay €0 plus I wanted to keep my marina fees down in the winter. Not so daft through my eyes:encouragement:

macd

Visit site
thedreamoneday:
sorry, should maybe also have mentioned that the minimum 3rd party insurance levels were raised in Greece this time last year. You'll need a Greek-language confirmation that you have such cover (which will probably be far less in € value than you're actually insured for). Most insurers seem to be on the case, but worth checking. See:
http://www.jimbsail.info/greece/insurance

While I'm on, this is the link to the CA page I mentioned, which has plenty of useful info above and beyond DEKPA/TPP: http://cruising.org.uk/news/greektax

Thedreamoneday

Visit site
P
thedreamoneday:
sorry, should maybe also have mentioned that the minimum 3rd party insurance levels were raised in Greece this time last year. You'll need a Greek-language confirmation that you have such cover (which will probably be far less in € value than you're actually insured for). Most insurers seem to be on the case, but worth checking. See:
http://www.jimbsail.info/greece/insurance

While I'm on, this is the link to the CA page I mentioned, which has plenty of useful info above and beyond DEKPA/TPP: http://cruising.org.uk/news/greektax

Brilliant, thank you!

Tony Cross

Visit site
Now needed for all over 7m, ready for the new tax.

Indeed and you currently need it stamped once per 365 days. When/if the TPP (the cruising tax) comes in the DEKPA stamp will only be obtainable on proof of payment of the tax. It may be that once the TPP has bedded in the DEKPA will be abandoned because the payment of the TPP is recorded on a central database so port officials will know whether you've paid it without having to see your DEKPA.