Delivery skipper needed - Bangor Ireland to Lands End (possibly further)

boatlover

Visit site
Hey folks,

Hope all is well. I'll be putting a separate post up about our journey to the Med from Ireland later today.

Here's what I need delivery skipper wise..

I have arranged for a skipper from 7th June onwards who will be taking the boat to Mallorca with myself and friends and then working on the boat over summer.

However.. I need to be in Mallorca from June 22nd at the very latest so I wanted to leave around Wednesday 1st June to get started into this epic journey.

I would like a skipper to accompany me from Bangor, N ireland to the South of England (penzance) while I wait for my other skipper to arrive.

However... if the weather is in our favour it may make more sense to push on from the South of England and keep going until my new skipper can take over around the 7th June.

The boat is a Fairline Squadron 58. Please PM me if you are interested in the job asap.

Will get to work now on the new thread with some pics. Hope to share this epic journey with fellow forumites and maybe meet a few of you along the way :)

alt

Visit site
A professional skipper/crew you're looking for I assume?

We took a Sunseeker Manhattan 52 round Ireland, and also from Poole => Cork, however it was just for fun, we were only paid in beer!

Last edited:

boatlover

Visit site
A professional skipper/crew you're looking for I assume?

We took a Sunseeker Manhattan 52 round Ireland, and also from Poole => Cork, however it was just for fun, we were only paid in beer!

Hi Alt,

I will be crewing it with a friend. So just skipper required for now.

Beer payment is always fine

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
Contact kawasaki of this parish. He did a passage recently for another forumite with some success. He is an RYA trainer & will probaly throw in some free training if you treat him nice. His Breafast butties are to die for too.

alt

Visit site
Hi Alt,

I'm not a professional skipper so i'd be no good to you, I was just mentioning the 'beer payment' in jest. However, if I was a professional skipper i'd be looking for a lot more than beer as payment considering the risk of the job :)

Best of luck with the trip it sounds amazing

jimg

Visit site
Hi Alt,

Does that mean you need help with navigation, passage planning, etc and/or do you need help with the boat handling, docking, etc as well?

boatlover

Visit site
Does that mean you need help with navigation, passage planning, etc and/or do you need help with the boat handling, docking, etc as well?

Yes mainly navigation , passage planning checking for traffic in busy areas etc.

I am fully able to dock , carry out boat handling no problem.

AndieMac

Visit site
Contact kawasaki of this parish. He did a passage recently for another forumite with some success. He is an RYA trainer & will probaly throw in some free training if you treat him nice. His Breafast butties are to die for too.

Agree Searush, if you are paying for a delivery skipper, you may as well benefit from proper navigational instruction.
No doubt the del. skipper will know how to do the job, but could stuggle to effectively get the message across to somebody learning, or just won't want to even try.