Dehumidifier Bargain

davel

Visit site
or at least I think so.

Homebase are doing a neat model for £89.99. Includes humidistat, permanent drain facility and anti-frost cycle. And if you rush down to your store before 8.00 tonight you can benefit from "10% off day" so pick it up for a measley £81.

Dave L.

davel

Visit site
Don't think so. If hot gas cycle means it must have a gas supply, then it definately doesn't.

I use a cheap dehumid on my boat together with a thermostatically controled fan heater. That combination has worked fine for me over the past 3 years

Dave L.

jimmie

N/A
Visit site
That sounds a lot better than the £200 I paid for an XM one last year and now has ceased to work. However I find in my condition that dampness is not usually a problem, quick blast of WD45 works a treat though! Made a major mistake once with the vicks instead of vaseline .. certainly livened up the action!
Seriously though I had a heater and dehumidifier on board last year and have grave doubts as to the value of the dehumidifier as I use the boat most weekends anyway. Most of my instruments are in the cockpit anyway, which is open to the elements and a dehumidifier would be irrelevant there anyway.

omega

Visit site
Anyone else used a dehumidifier without a humidistat (?) and found it dries too much and starts to overdry woodwork and varnish? we have now reverted to a good heater and good ventilation and left the dehumidifier at home.