DEFRA Cuts

lyc

Visit site
"The waterways community now faces a £5 million known budget deficit, a 33% or more licence increase, a trebling of fuel costs, 200 plus waterway job cuts, indeterminate maintenance cuts and now more budgetary cuts of an unknown nature”.

John Fletcher IWA national chairman, “Waterway users are justifiably angry, and need to show their concern now by writing to their MP and raising the alarm before it is too late. IWA will, in addition, be seeking an urgent meeting with the minister to discuss the possibility of an application for funding from the Contingency Fund”.

News Story HERE

halcyon

Visit site
Where do you think HMG will find the £25 billion for Northern Rock's long term finance.

Funny how Mr Brown can find a way round EU rules to allow long term funding to Northern Rock, but has no way round red diesel issue for you or me.

Brian

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Where do you think HMG will find the £25 billion for Northern Rock's long term finance.

Funny how Mr Brown can find a way round EU rules to allow long term funding to Northern Rock, but has no way round red diesel issue for you or me.

Brian

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of labour voters with NR?

Odd really, many of the narrowboaters I know in the Midlands are also lifelong Labour supporters.

oldgit

Visit site
They might all come fom the Midlands,but they are all blimming down here. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
narrow.jpg