Cyrix and battery issue?

Pearldiver

Visit site
Hi, wondering if anyone can advise. I have two batteries, with separate switches, and a Cyrix from the starter battery to the "house" one. The starter battery has failed - 6.7 volts and a bulge on one side. The house one was showing the same voltage until I disconnected everything to replace the starter. Once disconnected, the voltage started to recover a bit - 9 volts after an hour or so. Question: I thought the Cyrix would have protected the house battery from discharge?
I'm assuming I will probably need to replace the house battery as well, but before I do that, I need to decide whether to stick with the Cyrix. Any thoughts?

KompetentKrew

Visit site
Assuming you mean a Vicrton Cyrix, my interpretation of tables on page 1 of the PDF manual for the Cyrix-ct 12/24V 120A is that you are indeed correct. With voltages below 11V the Cyrix should disconnect immediately?

I recommend you post on Victron's community forums and see what they say. Seems to be the best place for support with their products. I'd post there at 9:05am on a Monday morning Dutch time.

Pearldiver

Visit site
Assuming you mean a Vicrton Cyrix, my interpretation of tables on page 1 of the PDF manual for the Cyrix-ct 12/24V 120A is that you are indeed correct. With voltages below 11V the Cyrix should disconnect immediately?

I recommend you post on Victron's community forums and see what they say. Seems to be the best place for support with their products. I'd post there at 9:05am on a Monday morning Dutch time.
Thank-you, that's very helpful.