Current Thames status?

alistairedw

Visit site
Much calmer today in between Richmond and Teddington. The gates at Richmond lock were closed at low water so they are presumably happy with levels and now aiming to manage the rate of flow.

I went out on my motor boat an hour before high water and for the first time in many days the incoming tide almost stemmed the flow. I had a nice gentle trip up to Teddington, enjoying the sunshine.

Forbsie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I went out on my motor boat an hour before high water and for the first time in many days the incoming tide almost stemmed the flow. I had a nice gentle trip up to Teddington, enjoying the sunshine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that you in a white dinghy rowing round the top of the club moorings last night?

DWT

Visit site
Went down to Caversham lock this morning for a proper look and a chat with the lockkeeper (it was a brief chat because her mobile phone was going again!)

Below the lock it is still very fast and high with water thundering through the weir. The lockkeeper reckons it is not likely to get back to normal until at least the middle of next week.

I took some pictures which I will try and post when I get home tonight if I can get my head around the technology.