current state of the Guadiana River?

david36

Visit site
We plan to take some visitors up the Guadiana River for few days starting at the end of next week. Does anyone have any up to date information regarding the state of the river, particularly up at the Alcutim/Sanlucar area, given the extreme recent rainfall and discharges from dams and sluices etc?
Fair winds.

emandvee44

Visit site

david36

Visit site
Thank you both. The river level and speed plus the absence of boats on the Alcutim side in the photographs looks thought provoking.
Fair winds.

jeanne

Visit site
Hi. I live in Sanlucar. The river is just about back to normal. The past couple of days we have even had a normal flood tide. Boats are back on the pontoons. So do come up and enjoy the villages. There is still some mud on the quays to be cleared up, but not bad. J

david36

Visit site
Thank you. Just what I wanted to hear although I assume that the new Sanlucar "beach" will not be quite at it best!
Fair winds.

Don Q

Visit site
Hi
We are traveling up the Guadiana at the end of May, the pilot book is thought provoking, but reading the forums many people make it sound fairy trouble free???.
Is there any obvious things to avoid, my boat is a 36cc North wind and draws 2mtrs, is this likely to be a problem?.
Also can you advise of things to look out for on the way up or down.