Currency Exchange

RichardPerou

Visit site
I have a large yard bill to pay in Greece this summer. I am normally able to handle my affairs by use of ATMs , Credit Card and Internet Banking but this system fails me as the yard makes a charge for Credit Card use. I don't want to transfer funds to the yard until I have looked at the work that they have done.

Has anyone information on the reliability of the internet currency exchange firms that are on the web?

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
Lloyds TSB have an international Euro funds transfer system with various speed options. it is brilliant (i have to say that, i wrote it!)

<hr width=100% size=1>

RichardPerou

Visit site
Thanks but, silly me, I want to sit down at a computer in Greece and pay my bill as I do with all my UK ones. The banks that I have dealings with will only convert sterling and send it to a Greek bank account if I go to their branch.

<hr width=100% size=1>

DavidJ

home in Brum. S37 sold, was in Med Spain.
Visit site
I've recently used Lloyds to transfer money to the States. They hold onto your cash for 4 days, charge you at this end and again at the other end...be careful!!
Alternatively look at a bankers draft, thats the cheapest way for the US that I've heard of.
David

<hr width=100% size=1>

snowleopard

Visit site
i had the same problem when trying to buy a watermaker in the canaries. none of my banks etc. would do a transfer unless i had previously set up an arrangement. that always involved them having a piece of paper signed by me and sent by post!

in the end i had to suffer a credit card surcharge.

(in retrospect i should never have bought the thing, it was rubbish!)

<hr width=100% size=1>

HenryB

www.ballgate.com
Richard,

I've paid Greek and Turkish yards with my standard debit card without any additional charges being made. I'm with the CO-OP.

<hr width=100% size=1>