Cuba

geem

Visit site
So, I seem to be the only person writing in this thread who actually has been to both countries, and did not encounter any problems. Admittedly, travelling on an Irish passport. Would pictures of relevant passport pages convince you? Probably not. BTW the Tourist card I was issued was a separate page, not a stamp in the passport. The only indication of entering/leaving Cuba are small date stamps.
I rest my case.
Forum clearly knows best.
You can ask the Cuban officials not to stamp your passport. That's what we did. We went to the Bahamas after Cuba then on to Florida. We have the B1/B2 visa and had no issues.

01_Anna

Visit site
"You can ask the Cuban officials not to stamp your passport. That's what we did. We went to the Bahamas after Cuba then on to Florida. We have the B1/B2 visa and had no issues."

Why would I do that?! It is fun, to have lots of different passport stamps. :)
I did not encounter any problems, in any of the countries I subsequently visited. I went to Bermuda, and later to Canada, and after that to USA. My electronic visa was still valid, from my previous application.

dansaskip

seabear.uk
Cuba a fantastic place to visit despite any difficulties. The Cuban officials are aware of the problem with people visiting USA. I cruised the S coast from Santiago de Cuba to Cienfuegos including the wonderful archipelago de los Jardines de la Reina. I did have to let the police know when I stopped at a place but it wasn't a problem - they often rowed out to meet me and were always friendly. I used NV charts and found them to be very accurate even through the reefs etc.

geem

Visit site
Cuba a fantastic place to visit despite any difficulties. The Cuban officials are aware of the problem with people visiting USA. I cruised the S coast from Santiago de Cuba to Cienfuegos including the wonderful archipelago de los Jardines de la Reina. I did have to let the police know when I stopped at a place but it wasn't a problem - they often rowed out to meet me and were always friendly. I used NV charts and found them to be very accurate even through the reefs etc.
Ditto

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
That’s good to hear as we’re hoping to visit next year. What are NV charts?

dansaskip

seabear.uk
The nv chip doesnt seem compatible with my garmin plotter.
I didn't have a plotter so used NV paper charts mainly for my navigation - old fashioned I know but the is me. If you put their chart pack you also get a download of the charts that runs on their app on an iPad and I presume Android device. On their site they also offer downloads of the charts with an exe file to install them on other platforms. It might be worth asking them re your Garmin.

geem

Visit site
Thanks, thats encouraging, I’m intending to stick to the South coast mainly. I thought i’d buy local paper charts on arrival too.
I am not sure where you would buy charts locally. I am not even sure they are available.
Not much is available including food! You need to be super well provisioned for your whole stay.