crusader sails are a rip off

gertha

Visit site
Crusader made me a sail sail last year, it does not fit and will not fit.
I strongly advise anyone on this forum not to deal with Crusader.
The company is only a one man band and accounts declared show very little credit.
The company and man in charge has advised me not to bad mouth them.
However the sail supplied to me is of a very poor shape and does not fit rig.
As the company has had threads removed before ,I am sure to will again ; but pleased be advised my experience has not been a good one.
Simon

Robin

Visit site
Well there are enough errors in your first post to suggest you are taking total rubbish and you are. unless you are talking about an entirely different Crusader to the one we all know and who have made 5 full suits of sails for my boats over the years all of which were excellent. As for being a one man band you really are wrong, they were my local sailmaker until two days ago when we moved across the pond to the USA AND I have been to their sail loft on very many occasions.

Pasarell

Visit site
I'm another one who doubts this. I've only had 1 sail made by Crusader so far but it was very good, delivered on time, fitted exactly and well made. They are definitely not a 1 man band but a good local company who make their sails at their own loft in the UK

Q

quimby

I suggest you give the address of this "One man Band" or area, Crusader are a reputable company with a good rating.

ribrage

Visit site
I'm another one who doubts this. I've only had 1 sail made by Crusader so far but it was very good, delivered on time, fitted exactly and well made. They are definitely not a 1 man band but a good local company who make their sails at their own loft in the UK

Plus one for that, ive every intention of them doing my main and mizzen before the season is out, very pleased with the sail and the service , are we discussing the same company even ??

grumpygit

Visit site
The company is only a one man band and accounts declared show very little credit.
As the company has had threads removed before ,I am sure to will again ; but pleased be advised my experience has not been a good one.
Simon

04-12-11, 20:41
Replies: 25
Crusader Sails - any good?
Views: 3,558
Posted By gertha
I have found Crusader a dissapointment. The MD...

I have found Crusader a dissapointment.
The MD has claimed I may be liable for slander for remarks I have made on another forum.
I just want a sail that fits.

On going back stabbing then? Mmmmm, gone from MD to one man band in 4 months......

Bilgediver

Visit site
Simon

I wonder how much of the problems were caused by the OP giving inaccurate information due to a lack of experience or some other aberration.

Crusader have been making excellent sails for many years and have many safisfied customers as can be seen in frequent posts here. MAybe he is not talking about our Crusader!!!!

tri39

www.sailblogs.com
I've had a main, a genoa and an MPG made by Crusader and I'm very pleased with all of them. The fully battened main especially is a huge improvement on the previous one.
I'm still surprised by how much drive it delivers on it's own.

rickym

yachtgalene.blogspot.co.uk
Where is the OP?

My Crusader made me a beautiful top spec long distance cruising furling No2 genoa. Sets beautifully, fits pefectly also a working jib but not used that yet. Have had many sails from crusader over the years and always wished I had replaced the worn sail earlier when I got the new one!

snooks

www.grahamsnook.com
The company is only a one man band

But what a big man he is!

His brother, Roger, isn't quite as big tho, he works there, Andy isn't as big either, he works there too. Then there is Gary another sail maker, along with yet another sailmaker a guy with ponytail who's name escapes me.....All of them are bigger than Paul's wife Vicky who also work for Crusader. These are the people I've met and remember.

Now these six people I've met when I've visited on a number of occasions, some of them have been the same room as Paul at the same time, I don't think even in a dark room with a blindfold on, I could ever mistake Vicky for Paul so there is definitely more than one person working at Crusader

Therefore it's far from the "one man band" you describe.

If by "one man band" you mean it's a family business and doesn't have factories of far east folk sewing together their sails in industrial quantities, then you're right :)

You're anonymous, and have 6 posts to your name, I've know Paul for over 7 years and he made the sails for my boat which I'm very happy with.

One guess who I'm siding with on this one :D

maby

Visit site
Are we sure that we are all talking about the same company? If the OP has evidence that the company he dealt with is a "one man band", we could be looking at a case of "passing off" - we had experience of that several years ago with a builder who claimed to be a large company and turned out to be someone that had previously been a sub-contractor for that large company and had lost the contract but continued to use the name. A bit of internet research provided the evidence to prove that he was breaking the law by passing off and he refunded all our money in exchange for a promise to keep quiet.

jonic

www.jryachts.com
Simon

Blimey :eek:

That's all very close to the line. I hope you have your facts 100% straight or deep pockets.

Visit site
No axe to grind - just a well satisfied customer. First sails some ten years ago and others since. The only one that was slightly wrong was replaced at once and without question.

Chris_Robb

Visit site
I know a lot of satisfied customers of Crusader. All have praised them.
Next year they will be making my new furling main.

We know little about the OP, apart from his obvious illiteracy. This actually is turning into a good advert for Crusader!

On ON