Cruising in Scotland: party time

tcm

Visit site
I have booked a powerboat trip in Scotland with some lairy friends in a few days time. Unlike the stuffy solent, the locals sound a whole heap of fun. I hear that they quite enjoy the challenge of handling a monster wash, especially quite close by, and in the quieter ports, bays and inlets where the silence can be somewhat dull, they party all night. It sounds very jolly indeed. I am already adjusting my sleep patterns, but can anyone suggest suitable CD's to play as we dance until dawn on the foredeck?

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Riverdance
It keeps them awake.
and winds them up cos it declares you cannot distinguish between the irish and the scots

failing that anything by andy williams

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

jimi

Visit site
Music tae drink by

Och dinnae worry man, the ainly wash we're worried aboot is wan wi' fairy liquid in it! Can Ah recommend something by the AWB , think Ken's a fan! Perhaps "Sleepless Nights" ?
sleeplescovsm.gif
?

<hr width=100% size=1>

madman

N/A
Visit site
Really you must remember there are 3 shades of people in Scotland. Blue ones, green ones and tartan ones.

The green ones like Irish music
The blue ones like "God Save the Queen"
And the tartan ones like anything else

These preferences are mutually exclusive. Have you thought of taking Diana II through the Forth Clyde canal, the Partick loonies would love to see it.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
Respecting local sensitivities

TCM - you should be aware that the Jocks are a sensitive bunch, as prickly as their bluidy thistles, and have a deep sense of pride in their midge-infested land.

Therefore it would be looked upon as imperialist behaviour if you were to play a non-Scottish singer.

So my suggestion is that you should show due deference to this insecurity of theirs and make them feel better about themselves by choosing a truly Scottish artiste.

After immature consideration, I can imagine nothing better than the Sensational Alex Harvey Band, at full chat, giving the loch their semenal version of "Ain't nothing like a gang-bang". Sounds best at around 3 a.m, I've always found.

<hr width=100% size=1>

sailbadthesinner

Visit site
Re: i looked

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.wunnerful.com/sahb/home.html>here</A>
but am still none the wiser

<hr width=100% size=1><font color=red>I can't walk on water, but I do run on Guinness</font color=red>

jimi

Visit site
Re: i looked

I was privileged to see SAHB several times at the Glasgow Apollo, and they were truly sensational .. Faith healer and Boston Tea Party are two that still reverbrate throiugh the mists and mufflers of time!

<hr width=100% size=1>

Ohdrat

Visit site
Re: So you\'re happy to be..

woken at 6am after your proposed disco on boat by the sound of the local bagpipe band tuning up then? /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

<hr width=100% size=1>