Croatian Marina's

imagine

www.pch-uk.com
Hi All, I am looking to take my boat along the Croatian coast from Venice and as we live near Manchester I like to leave her near an airport that the low cost airlines use. Can anyone please recommend a cheap safe marina please either near Split or Dubrovnik .
Kind regards Nick

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi Nick
Croatia marinas can be quite expenses once the seasons start , in split there a few marinas also in Dubrovnik but dont expect to get change under 60 or 70 euros a night for a 12 mts boat and that's if you lucky , hopeful Richard will be along soon and give you more info has he keeps his boat there .

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
Hi Nick
Croatia marinas can be quite expenses once the seasons start , in split there a few marinas also in Dubrovnik but dont expect to get change under 60 or 70 euros a night for a 12 mts boat and that's if you lucky , hopeful Richard will be along soon and give you more info has he keeps his boat there .

Thanks Vic.

Hi Nick ... we did the same trip last year .... Split to Venice and back by following the Croatian coast up to Umag and then across rather than taking the direct night crossing route.

I wonder how long you intend to leave the boat in the marina for. Vic is right about the nightly charges but you will be able to negotiate a saving for longer periods. However, I wouldn't call any of the marinas cheap although they are all safe and marina staff are generally attentive and have a "custodian" who cycles around on a bike checking lines etc.

There are several marinas inside the large bay which stretches west from Trogir, some of which are within walking distance of Split airport. For a few years we were in Marina Agana which is the most westerly marina but now taken over by Sunsail so not so easy to get a berth other than for a short stay. We moved from there to Kremik (Primosten) a few miles futher west which is a good marina with attentive staff and reasonable facilities and they are open to negotiation, particularly if you pay up front.

There seems to be more competition around Split than Dubrovnik so negotiation is more likely to yield results and marinas which are away from the big towns tend to be cheaper. Split, Trogir, Dubronik tend to be expensive marinas although have the advantage that the town is outside the marina gates whereas Kremik is a 30 minute walk from Primosten if you want to try something other than the marina restaurant, which is OK and we eat there a few times a year but it's nothing to write home about.

Richard

Metabarca

Visit site
Before I had my present mooring, I did a survey of every marina between Split and Venice. Even ten years ago, the Croatian ones were more expensive, although all, of course, offer special rates for over-wintering, annual moorings etc. The cheapest are in Italy, at Monfalcone, 20 miles west of Trieste (where I have my boat), where there is plenty of choice and expert assistance if you need it, as well as plenty of chandleries (which are poor in Croatia). Plus the advantage of having the airport (Ryanair to Stansted) just ten minutes away, and the railway station (Venice 1h30) just five minutes. I've encouraged several forum members over the years to over-winter here and none have been unhappy. From here, it's about 12-24 hours' sail (depending on your boat, of course) to the first Dalmatian islands.
Happy to advise further if you're interested.

artemis07

Visit site
A few years ago I popped up to Croatia (from Greece). I needed to leave my boat in a marina for a month so I tried Dubrovnik marina. The lady in charge told me I can pay the day rate (90 euros for a 12m yacht) because there was "too much paperwork" involved for the monthly rate. Guess what I did.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
A few years ago I popped up to Croatia (from Greece). I needed to leave my boat in a marina for a month so I tried Dubrovnik marina. The lady in charge told me I can pay the day rate (90 euros for a 12m yacht) because there was "too much paperwork" involved for the monthly rate. Guess what I did.
That doesn't surprise me.
I heard people being asked upto 130 euros a night ,
I can't comment we always anchored , although if you planning to leave the yacht , that's not an option .