Crew needed this weekend - Shotley back to Burnham.

FullCircle

Visit site
I inadvertently left my boat behind in the rush to get home before the weather closed in on Sunday.
Silly me.
Well Lynn is insisting I go fetch it, before it gets filed forever in Lost Property.

So, I am looking for a companion Crew or two.

I will be travelling back up to Shotley on Friday night under cover of darkness, around 8pm, and will sleep on board.
The plan is to leave Shotley around an hour after Low water on Saturday morning, or another of the 2 available Low water opportunities on Saturday eve, or Sunday morn, depending on Crew or weather, although it is looking good. Ish.

We can take you up from South or Mid Essex, and deliver you home again, or we can drive you back to Suffolk after if required.

Applicant must be sound in wind, limb and humour.

Artemis has indicated his wish to join me, and can confirm here.

Of course, if the weather is good, and we accidentally get lost, we could end up in Burnham on Sunday afternoon, ahem.

Usual standards of accommodation and cuisine apply.

CPD

Visit site
Jim, would help but cant as supposed to be in France over the weekend. Was going to get Pdream back today but Ben has been in hospital since Monday with bad asthma attack. Out today, so re-scheduled for poss Monday, but recent sub-floor plumbing in bathroom (over the kitchen) started dripping thro kitchen ceiling this eve. Plumbers (that did work last week) coming back in the morning but will have to lift newly laid floor.So now France weekend is at risk, so maybe will bring Pdream back over the weekend, if plumbing sorted that is.

Not my week. Hope the FC return goes okay.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Sorry cannot help. Organising the Sailing Association's winter talk at WMYC on Sat evening. From the forecasts I have seen its looking like WSW going round to NW 3 to 4 so could be a nice trip back.

If you call in at West Mersea (need a dinghy to get ashore) the talk will be about 8.45 / 9pm depending on what time dinner is over (dinner fully booked now) and can fit you in the cheap (free) seats! Subject is HMS Belfast, speaker is Brad King, Director of HMS Belfast and the audience includes several 'Belfast Boys' and a past mess deck pin up! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Artemis_C2121

www.sailblogs.com
JD

Willing and weekend pass from SWMBO prob because she is going shopping with our daughter.

will collect my gear from the boat friday morning give me a call on arrangements

Nev /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FullCircle

Visit site
John et al,PM se.

Cunning plan in motion, including West Mersea to see Flipper K~~~~ on Saturday evening.

CPD

Visit site
Plumbing now sorted, hole in kitchen ceiling is now on the to-do list. After a few potential hiccups, France trip is now on and I'm looking at Tuesday for the return when the weather gods will be smiling happily upon us.

Have a good trip back .

D3B

www.cutting-solutions.co.uk
flipper. you are safe. artemis suggested that the fire and food at the green man may be better suited to our taste, so we are at bradwell.....well were actually in the green man now. trying to persuade nev that we won't last all night and need to have a rest back at the boat.

MoodySabre

Visit site
Hope it was as nice on the river today as it was yesterday. Now if I'd have known that today was going to be such a nice day and that Bradwell was to be graced with such company then I might be there now. Damn.
/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gifchaps.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
Sat was OK, bit overcast but not cold. Had a good sail round to West Mersea despite having done my back in getting the dinghy out of the car and into the water!

Sun morning was yuck. No wind, no visability but no headache from night before either! Motored back to B'sea. Had intended to take the sails off when got back but decided I would just end up making everything below damper than it was already. By the time I had got back home to Norfolk it was bright sunshine!