Crew change

Sybarite

Visit site
As SWMBO has just accepted an opera engagement for the summer, I am crewless except for our 5 year old daughter. Had counted on either the Channel Islands or Strangford Lough.
I don't suppose it would be reasonable for a 5 year old to stand night watches ! She's mature for her age ... ??

John

PS the boat may well be quieter... Need to invest in new fog horn though..
PPS if you are in Paris this summer, stop by the Théatre de Ranelagh 16th arrdt.

<hr width=100% size=1>

longjohnsadler

Visit site
Have to say I'm a bit worried about your daughter. Am just looking up the number for the social services in Paris. Next thing you'll be telling us she has to clean chimneys as well. Surely yer mates would jump at a bit of crewing?
Rather impressed though by the opera engagements...

Good luck.

PS My wife sings in the bath

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sybarite

Visit site
Daughter has just about outgrown the chimney and am looking for new exploitations.

Suggest your wife auditions as is - as long as it's not for a soap opera... will be a great success!

Where are you in Donegal ? My parents are both from there.

John

<hr width=100% size=1>

longjohnsadler

Visit site
I'm originally from Cheshire but wife originally from here. Moved here 7 years ago. House price ratio too good to miss. She's into horses, bit of land...
And was out on the Swilly yesterday, beautiful weather, only one other sail on twelve miles of stunning sea lough...
Need I say more?

<hr width=100% size=1>

claymore

Visit site
Stop peddaling that nonsense about that daughter of yours being old enough to be your wife.

<hr width=100% size=1>regards
Claymore
/forums/images/icons/smile.gif

Gunfleet

Visit site
House price ratio too good to miss>>
Not any more, John! Good luck to you, though. I have a picture of Donegal Bay above me as I write.

<hr width=100% size=1>

longjohnsadler

Visit site
If you cross the border into Tyrone, its still very favourable. You can still get a detached house with some land for well under 200K. Try that in Cheshire - or Essex!
For further details, forum members can send a large wedge and an SAE to Longjohnsadler at.....

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sybarite

Visit site
She would just say "Thank God, now I don't have to do it...!! " However in a moment of aberration - a regular feature - she suggested we sail to the Azores and back..!!

John

<hr width=100% size=1>

Sybarite

Visit site
About 15 years ago we stayed in a house on a promontory at Melmore - beautiful bay windows - you could see the sea whilst sitting in bed and the seals swimming under the crystal clear water. I remember that there were beds for 14 people. The houseowner also owned about 2 miles of sea-front and decided to put it all up for sale. Asking price £25000!

I have often kicked myself since but I had just bought a boat - and lived in France.

John

<hr width=100% size=1>

longjohnsadler

Visit site
...living in Paris and with a SWMBO that has opera engagements...
If you're not careful, someone will accuse you of raising the tone of the forum.

<hr width=100% size=1>

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
To be fair...

...he hasn't actually said that madame is going to be doing anything cultural at the opera. Maybe she's an usherette?

Of course, if she does turn out to be that fat lady that everyone is always waiting for, maybe we should ask Kim to blackball him.

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.writeforweb.com/twister1>Let's Twist Again</A>