Cranes in London

Trevethan

Visit site
Question for you folks on the Thames. Boat transport via road is being arranged to drag boat to big city from lovely Devon.

It needs to be craned in. I am hoping I can share the lift with a few people, However if this proves not to be possible what's the best way of getting a gurt big crane (17 tonne plus capacity) to lift you, cheaply.

Down here you flag down a driver offer him £50 quid or so and the jobs done.

People have been hinting cranage in London could cost me £1000!

Boat (hopefully) going into Gallions Point Marina. Would like to crane in as close as possible due to lack of faith in engine.

regards,

Nick

<hr width=100% size=1>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>Send a PM to Syd. He actually drive one of those huge dockside cranes. If he can't.... maybe he knows a man who can. Also... I believe South Dock can crane too and that is only a short run down stream to Gallions Point.
Incidentally, was that 17 tons deadweight or displacement?
It makes a huge difference.

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

Trevethan

Visit site
deadweight I guess... as that is what the crane measured last time it was lifted.. of course I have stripped out a load of junk from inside since... will message Syd about it.

Cheers and glad you're better!

regards,

Nick

<hr width=100% size=1>

byron

RIP
Visit site
<font color=blue>As Tony was quick to point out to me in a phone call deadweight & displacement are the same... but you know what I meant. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
Main thing is that its actual weight is 17 ton which is very heavy... what is it?

<hr width=100% size=1>http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

Trevethan

Visit site
44 foot sole bay ketch.. with a Lister engine sulking int he bottom. The engine itself weighs about a tonne. Surveyor oput weight at 13 tonnes. but crane driver said we showed 17 tonnes.. but that was with a bilge full of water and lots of crap on board that is since gone.

<hr width=100% size=1>

mainshiptom

Visit site
My friend had one ! A sole bay ! one of the better wooden boats I had ever seen, it was in a top condition and was cleaned/painted/loved on a daily basis.

A really nice boat !

Tom

<hr width=100% size=1>