CP180i SOG reading...

mdrifter

Visit site
GPS sub menu...and upgrades...

Good to GPS sum-manu now in manual.

As for upgrade - I suppose they must be good especially if they're free providing you return the chip in time, but...

I've been using PC-Planner and the (v15 to v16?) upgrade made quite a mess of the "planned" routes. In pcp you can place "buoy" icons and choose their colour - that's quite useful to me where we were sailing in the Baltic. After the "upgrade" all the "buoys" turned into boat launching ramps - no "bouy" icons available and as for selecting icon colour - forget it! Maybe just a small thing but this was an upgrade that appeared to me to be a dumbing down and did not appear to improve functions imho nor correct bugs - certainly no bugs mentioned in any of the sparse upgrade details available at that time. You would think that since the plotter uses C-Map chips that SH would at the very least liaise with C-Map regarding how upgrades might impact upon other user software.

mdrifter

Visit site
plotter upgrade...

Not quite what I meant...PC Planner is a C-Map software programme that works with the C-Map chips via a card reader. Using a C-Map "user card" with the reader, planned routes prepared with PCP can be transferred to the user card and thence to the SH Plotter. What I meant was that using PCP, buoy icons were buoy shaped and could be coloured to enable them to stand out...but when transferred via the user card to the SH Plotter and uploaded to the SH Plotter, those buoys became boat launching ramps of fixed shape and colours! Thus the "upgrade" (iirc v15 to v16) messed up my preplanned routes and there is no way the icons can be changed to a buoy - there is a very reduced icon set within the SH Plotter - possibly because the main buyers may be fishermen who wish to launch boats and find fish...perhaps not unreasonable but of little use to me!