Cowes Yacht Haven - Swampy Facilities

alant

Visit site
Anyone else disgusted with these - both heads & showers don't seem to ever get cleaned. Sunday morning 0700 hours - bogs are filthy (always seem to be) - from previous day?? & showers seem to be slimy & covered in a hardening coating of talcum powder (what is it about modern sailors that they need to use talc anyway ???). Can someone please get a pressure washer in there soon or are they developing a new penicillin on the crusts!!! In Poole the cleaner is there at 0500 hours & cheerful in his work & East Cowes loos are a pleasure - surely the mecca of yachting can produce conditions better than this!! Excuses about the number of people using these facilities cannot be an excuse for this mess.

xcw

Visit site
I agree, it's a disgrace particularly at the rates they charge. During event weekends they should employ a full time cleaner just to clean the facilities. Other marinas can do it (I would also include Haslar in your list of clean facilities) so why can't Cowes?

boatbum

Visit site
Totally agree!!

Read the posts on cowesweek.co.uk about the general lack of decent mamanagement in the place etc etc.

Yarmouth have excellent facilities!

Twister_Ken

'ang on a mo, I'll just take some bearings
Visit site
They do it because it's a nautical tradition.

It was like that in the sixties, when we called it Groves and Gutteridge.

Of course men were men in those days and a spot of trench foot or dhobi itch never did anyone any harm.

Anyway, thought you modern sailors had twin heads and ensuite showers in all cabins.

zefender

Visit site
Re: Now you\'re just bragging

I always thought the swampy facilities were there to make owners of er classics feel at home... :)

G

The reason for the generally unsatisfactory aspects at Cowes Yacht Haven (West Cowes) is the poor calibre of management there. This has been known for several years. Fortunately many other marinas in the Solent area (including East Cowes Marina) are very well run.