Cowes-Torquay-Cowes. Pics from Torquay.

sprocker

Visit site
A superb day to see the powerboats arrive in Torquay, here's a few pics for those that didn't get to see it.

1st to take the chequered flag.
1_zpsam839rmn.jpg

2nd
2_zpsqeo4dqhd.jpg

3rd
3_zpsw4xpsjvd.jpg

4_zpsggljeenn.jpg

5_zpslazk9ge8.jpg

6_zpsemqqn78x.jpg

Then the parade before the return race back to Cowes.
7_zpsgjvc0sgl.jpg

8_zpsrgv27mdk.jpg

9_zpsiqmufe4c.jpg

10_zpswjpvgtit.jpg

11_zpstfce210o.jpg

12_zps3qh6aiha.jpg

13_zps10mezovg.jpg

14_zps32oduklf.jpg

15_zpsg09n0gik.jpg

16_zpsk0vb7vq1.jpg

17_zpsd7uyzlfw.jpg

18_zpsyaarx3vd.jpg

andy59

Visit site
Great photos sprocker , nice to see them at the other end . Wouldn't be surprised if martini arrived with not a drop of water on the screen it was so calm .

wellf100

Visit site
brilliant! The sound of those V8's growling past is pretty special (or are those one's bigger?).

we used to have the British GP around Guernsey, Herm and Sark in the late 80's early 90's but lost it due the States pulling the sponsorship funding. A real shame. Going out to watch on a friends boat is what first got me interested in boats.

sprocker

Visit site
Great photos Sprocker. I wished I had gone out into the Bay to see the restart. Such a lovely day. Im guessing you might be in this photo?

I couldn't get out that day unfortunately, my crew (SWMBO) was away for the weekend.
By the looks of your photo I guess I was sat approximately 6 yards to your right on Haldon Pier?

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
I couldn't get out that day unfortunately, my crew (SWMBO) was away for the weekend.
By the looks of your photo I guess I was sat approximately 6 yards to your right on Haldon Pier?

Great shots - probably got some of you on Haldon Pier then, as we were on the town dock side when they were in the 'wet pits' (rafted up toward the outer end)

I've got some of them approaching the first mark off Berry Head at full chat - will sort and thumbnail some to a more suitable size (i.e. not 6000 pixels wide) and post some up in the next few days. A bit hectic at work and also trying to make some use of the boat whilst she's in the water for a couple of days! :cool:

sprocker

Visit site
I guessed wrong! I saw the Bayliner (at anchor in the foreground) leave the marina and thought it might be you. Just as well I didn't shout out and wave like a lunatic!

The Bayliner is berthed opposite me in the Marina, I have pretty much the same photo as you, trying to get some reflection off the sea but failed.

We have a MF 645 so will be expecting lunatic waving next time we pass. SWMBO has been instructed to return the waving in a similar style.

CLOUD9

Home in Bath, Boat in Cala d'Or, Mallorca
Visit site
The Bayliner is berthed opposite me in the Marina, I have pretty much the same photo as you, trying to get some reflection off the sea but failed.

We have a MF 645 so will be expecting lunatic waving next time we pass. SWMBO has been instructed to return the waving in a similar style.

Cant wait for that! Not sure why I thought you had a Bayliner? Confused as usual...

sprocker

Visit site
Fantastic action photos there Rob. You really get a feeling of the speed they were doing, I guess they sounded pretty good as they passed as well.

rbcoomer

www.swfbr.org.uk
Yes, its a good spot to be as they approach Berry Head fired up with adrenalin! We were the only boat out at that point other than the RTYC marshal boat as most seem to wait at the finish of the stage or the Ore stone turning mark, but by then speeds are well down. The other plus is that there's less other traffic so you can see them from about 12 miles out (or at least a dot with a rooster tail!) and they're coming strait at you! Last year we moved to the middle of the section between the two marks, but it's much harder to judge staying close to the race line yet out of the way. Planned a bit better this time by locating so we had a slow drift away from the race line - and with a friend at the helm I could focus on the camera rather than doing both! :) The sound as they throttle back for the turn and then open up again is immense! Having watched from the cliffs since I was a kid, it's my one 'must do' boating day in the year... ;)