Covid tests nearest to Gouvia

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
I did have a list of test centres collected from several sources but only kept ones for Preveza & Levkas areas.

The ones from Greek sites tended to be cheaper and ones listed on sailing charter sites were more expensive.

I had a quick look and found some I had not deleted:

I think that Corfumedica is 1.6 - 2.6 km from Gouvia marina (depending on exit gate). 150 euro, results in 30 mins. I suspect they will also do the cheaper test

I think this one might be in the town.
Polykliniki Al. Mastoras (Mon.-Fri. 9 -11) 100 euro 24 hr result or 30 euro 3 hr result

Sorry that I deleted their contact information. I'll have a look later in case I did keep links for email, phone numbers etc.

I do know that at least some charter companies suggest buying DIY kits in UK and taking these with you for pre-flight test before return to UK. I do have some links for these and they seemed like a good option at £25 each (I think). I decided to use the facility at Aktio airport as it is even cheaper and more convenient (we drive past every day). DIY seems a good option if there aren't test facilities nearby.

UPDATE:
I managed to find information on the DIY tests.
£25 each at Pre-Departure Lateral Flow Test | The LivingCare Group | Leeds

Greek rules say that the test must be taken under medical supervision. I do know an American who used a similar DIY kit in Spain and it required a Zoom call with a doctor. This kit only requires picture of passport beside the test showing code and result. Authorities won't know how the test was carried out and I imagine everything will be fine if they email the result and result code required for return to UK.

I'd suggest searching for reviews and other companies selling similar DIY kit.

Last edited:

Cariadco

Visit site
There's a new med center, just outside the marina, it's to the right, just after the Sail Loft, alongside the mad traffic lights.
PCR 60 e and the Lat flow, 20 euros. Dunno if the Lat Flow is of the higher spec, as needed for UK entry.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
There's a new med center, just outside the marina, it's to the right, just after the Sail Loft, alongside the mad traffic lights.
PCR 60 e and the Lat flow, 20 euros. Dunno if the Lat Flow is of the higher spec, as needed for UK entry.
Closer than the CorfuMedica one I mentioned earlier. I had a note about one close to Quantum Sails, and before you cross the road to reach AB. I think that might be the one you mean but I didn't find contact details. It might have been called MedHall and charge 20 euro.

I found a big list of test locations somewhere but cleared out everything apart from area around Aktio. We did think that return via Corfu was a possibility but scrapped that idea.

Cariadco

Visit site
Closer than the CorfuMedica one I mentioned earlier. I had a note about one close to Quantum Sails, and before you cross the road to reach AB. I think that might be the one you mean but I didn't find contact details. It might have been called MedHall and charge 20 euro.

I found a big list of test locations somewhere but cleared out everything apart from area around Aktio. We did think that return via Corfu was a possibility but scrapped that idea.
Yeah, that's the one. I must pass it a dozen times a day, but still haven't clocked it's proper name. It's where Lord Travel's office was.

AndrewB

Visit site
There is Dr. Andreas Kalampalikis in the centre of Gouvia village, who does quick PCR tests for €30. His clinic is conspicuous, close to where the road goes down to the beach. Call on (+30) 6932532360 to make an appointment. He'll ask for passport information so he can have a certificate ready as soon as the test is complete - about 15 minutes.

Cariadco

Visit site
There is Dr. Andreas Kalampalikis in the centre of Gouvia village, who does quick PCR tests for €30. His clinic is conspicuous, close to where the road goes down to the beach. Call on (+30) 6932532360 to make an appointment. He'll ask for passport information so he can have a certificate ready as soon as the test is complete - about 15 minutes.
Apparently, he's very good, but stay away from Corfumedica. Heard bad things about them.