Cotten TPS saved Jean Le Cam

andlauer

Visit site
Bonsoir
The Cotten TPS (that I'm promoting without any interest) has saved Jean Lecam's life!

He stayed a full day in an upside down boat in 4 m swell.
he exited the boat via an underwater bay.
He waited Vincent Riou for at least a quater (4 passages).
The water was about 5° C.
I'm happy to carry that stuff, just in case !!
Eric /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

andlauer

Visit site
I forgot to say that as soon as Jean Lecam arrived on Vincent Riou's boat he help him, successfully and wearing the TPS suit, in gibbing and seccuring the rigging ( broken outrigger).
Eric /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CPD

Visit site
I havent stopped watching the PC for updates on this all day. It is just fantastic news that he is safe, and as you say Eric, a testament to his kit which I guess we all hope we never have to wear.

frauboot

Visit site
I wonder whether we should be wearing our wet weather clothing while we sleep. And even things like lifejackets or lifelines. Just when singlehanding sometimes you must rush on deck and don't have time to change. Or even when you are getting up to check and have to take avoiding action when you see a ship. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

smolyneux

Visit site
Tried the TPS on at the weekend and will likely buy one. I have contact details for Malcom and Sebastien from Guy Cotten UK if anyone wants.

Very comfortable and easy to put on so will likely wear in standby mode (ie, hood and gloves off) overnight / asleep / bad weather.

Tried the Musto and felt like i was going to be used for fois gras because of the seals.

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
have contact details for Malcom and Sebastien from Guy Cotten UK if anyone wants.

[/ QUOTE ] Are they likely to do deals? Would love one but have more pressing needs for the cash - I expect as JAC12 approaches my priorities will change! Current focus is on getting the boat ready, not done much to get me ready yet!

andlauer

Visit site
Bonjour
----------
I wonder whether we should be wearing our wet weather clothing while we sleep. And even things like lifejackets or lifelines.
--------

I sleep with my harness on a short line, manny injuries are produced to flying sleepping skippers, on a broach !
I also sleep in my oilskins with polar trousers under. (I didn't unfold my sleeping bag during the JC.)
I never weare a lifejacket while singlehanded because I don't think it would be of any help, but I live in my harness.
Eric