Cornish Crabber stolen from Mylor

halcyon

Visit site
If it helps.

The yacht is a Cornish YAWL, sail number CY25, called Susanne ( on dodgers ), black hull white topsides, tan sails.

Brian

philip_stevens

www.celticwebdesign.net
Re: Cornish Crabber stolen from Mylor - Found and back home!!

The boat has been returned to Mylor by French low-loader - Convoy Exceptional - yesterday.

The boat was found at Brest and the scroat or scroats who took her stripped her bare. There was some minor hull damage.

At least the boat is back home.

It shows how good the small boat is, to have gone across Channel safely.

Ru88ell

Visit site
The subject of this topic is my new (to me) boat.

She was taken from Mylor in July 08 and found at Roscanvel, nr Brest that October. I managed to locate the previous owner yesterday, so can relay what he said. She was found when her mooring had dragged and she was against a craft owned by the local mayor. When trying to find out who owned her so that a claim could be made it became apparent that she was the stolen boat - so not all cases of dragging anchors/moorings are bad news! Other than damage to the hull made by the collision with the mayor's boat, the door to the heads was missing, and all of the cutlery and crockery was gone. They'd also cut off the sail number and disposed of the dodgers. She was returned to Mylor on a low loader as per the previous post.

The previous owner doesn't think she was sailed directly from Mylor to Brest though. She contained evidence of a trip to Ireland. Either she was taken from Mylor to Ireland, and then to Brest, or the thieves had come from Ireland beforehand.

And now she's mine. :D I do like a boat with a bit of history. Both of mine were on the Stolen boat register.

More in the blog in my signature.

Last edited:

Other threads that may be of interest