Corfu to UK

Cariadco

Visit site
Here's our adventures over the last few days, as we drove from Corfu, to the UK:
Picked up our boarding card from the Corfu Travel Agent’s office and went to the Quayside. A mate of mine was there, and he’d been to the Quayside office to get his boarding card. Nightmare!! They we’re only letting one in, on one out to all the Ticket offices, so it took them ages.
Ferry arrives 30 mins late, as normal, and we drove on. At reception on picking up our room key, they gave us a form (all in Italian) to fill in. As it was a bit busy, come back in the morning, they said. Went back, and the reception had no idea on how to fill in the form. One for me and one for the missus. Just entered date of travel, uk address and signed it, they took a copy and gave me back the originals.
The Ferry’s bars and restaurants were open as normal, some people had masks, some didn’t.
Just approaching Ancona, when they held the boat offshore, for 3 hours. Apparently the Port was backlogged and another boat was in our mooring. Out it came and in we went. Nobody asked for our ‘Italian’ form, so off we drove.
Motorway up through Italy was fine, no worse than it normally is. Petrol and services were all open but masks worn to go in the shop, and say 3 in at a time (it did vary) France was much the same as Italy. Very busy Southerly headed motorways. Out Hotel in Northern Italy, as well as the one in Northern France were deserted, with maybe 2 other clients staying. Had to wear masks around the hotel and remove them to eat.
Drove to Calais, Everything in the Duty free was closed. Went through the French passport control, nothing unusual, and at the UK Passport control, they wanted our reference numbers from the UK PLF forms, we had filled in, on line. Didn’t want to see the form’s themselves, just the numbers.
Straight onto the Train, arrived Folkstone and away we went. All the Motorway services we stopped in, we’re fully open for food, drinks and fuel.
All in all, nothing really different to all the other times we’ve done this journey. I’ll report on the journey back to Corfu, in 4 weeks, or so.