Corfu/Ionian Cruising Group

statgar

Visit site
I keep my shared MOBO in Gouvia Marina, Corfu and have cruised the Ionian for the past 5 years. Judging by the number of Ensigns I see quite a few brits enjoy the area as I do, however, unless I have missed it, there doesn't appear to be a network available for boaters to share experiences, ideas or any Corfu/Ionian specific general information, I am not a social network (e.g. Facebook) user and I wondered if there would be any support for setting up a Forum or even just a WhatsApp group.
With Brexit now a reality and all the pandemic associated travel restrictions I would have thought there would be no shortage of information to share, what do you think?

B&M

Visit site
I would join the Cruising Association, you will find mountains of information, and contact details of all members in the area. I think that as a bonus you may get a discount on your marina fees.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Steve Neil site which is free to join NoForeginland it for cruising sailors you find it well worth joining hundreds of thousands of reports on anchorages and ports as well info on other stuff and not just in the Med .
you can even chat life to other cruisers which are in a anchorage portz , marinas your heading to to ask for info .
just taken a look at corfu and there one boat there now altho the owners may not be there.

Last edited:

statgar

Visit site
Many thanks I will certainly check the Cruising Association again maybe swop from RYA who don't offer much to med boaters.
NoForiegnland is amazing thanks so much for the the intro.

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Many thanks I will certainly check the Cruising Association again maybe swop from RYA who don't offer much to med boaters.
NoForiegnland is amazing thanks so much for the the intro.
Your welcome i been in from the begin , please if you use post info as this is what the site so useful to many .