Conwy At Last Tomorrow

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Carpet fitting again. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I was going to write this, along the lines of the your Not A Real Boater Till. Thread. But thought. Well there's no one can damage a carpet as quickly as us. So not much point.

The latest demise was due to Deb inadvertently putting her knees through a locker door on New Years Eve. Then gushing blood all over the nine month?? old carpet. Other disaster have included, a sick dog, tomato soup and fag holes, or the mystery leak causing mildew.

Perhaps the most memorable replacement, was due to the blocked macerator pump, blocked by some unmentionable that I'll say nothing about.

It happened whilst on one of our extended cruises, so the holding tank got fuller and fuller, till would not take anymore.

Now, for some reason, even though we have a pump out place on the deck, it is not connected up to the tank, which is not normally a problem.

But how to get at the macerator pump with the tank full??

So the plan was, to take the pipe off and hold it up high. Theory being, water wont go up hill. So with the plan in mind, I took the pipe off, and held it above my head. It was like a bloody fire hose, two inch bore!!

So whats your excuses for replacing carpets then.

Anyway I digress. We're off to Conwy tomorrow, for another relaxing holiday, no distractions from work or all the other tedious and unpleasant problems. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Think so. But the new heaters had to go away. Seems as we did not use it right and should not have used the thermostat normally. You apparently have to have the heater on at full bore, all the time. So option being, sit on the pontoon with rug whilst boat melts. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Nowt really stopping us going any where. Just that electric would be nice at the other end. We cant heat off Weber.

But can off electric.

No Idea were the desination will be, speak to the admiral.

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
[ QUOTE ]
the dog's already dropped fag ash on the brand new carpet !!

[/ QUOTE ]

smoking_dog.jpg

JamesTT

Visit site
Yep, gate is fixed, I was able to be lifted in at low water and get over to my berth under my own steam, first time in 5 years, everything worked a treat!