Contessa 43 - info wanted

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Before anyone directs me to do a search or try Google - I have.

Am looking for info on the Contessa 43 - could not find a thing. Were lots of them built (think not), how did they sail, known problems, usefull links, etc...

Checked the YM A-Z review - it's not even in there!

Many thanks

bobfrost

Visit site
Never seen one (I've got a Contessa 26) but according to jeremy rogers web site they do exist

'By the late 70s and early 80s Jeremy Rogers' company included five purpose-built factories in central Lymington and a workforce of nearly 200 employees. Production included Contessas ranging in size from the traditional 26 to the Doug Peterson designed grand prix 35s, 39s and 43s, many of which were exported to a worldwide market eager for his innovative and beautifully finished yachts.'

Redmond

Visit site
smashing looking boats built as admirals cup contenders - beutiful saloons and light stripped out ends. They have the small mains and huge foretriangles of the day. Looked at buying Rushcutter ( a cutter rigged version) 10 years ago.

PAlexander

Visit site
Hi,
I know replying to a nearly 20 year old thread is close to madness. However, this thread does come up towards the top of the list if you search for 'Contessa 43', so doing it anyway. I own a Contessa 43 (Ortac) and interested to hear from other owners, but if someone has a question on them I can try to help.

Best wishes,
Peter

picklesandjesse

Visit site
Hi,
I know replying to a nearly 20 year old thread is close to madness. However, this thread does come up towards the top of the list if you search for 'Contessa 43', so doing it anyway. I own a Contessa 43 (Ortac) and interested to hear from other owners, but if someone has a question on them I can try to help.

Best wishes,
Peter