Congratulations ybwlopud

Dipper

Visit site
First ybw boat over the line and a commendable 37th overall.

cheers.gif

Spyro

Visit site
Congrats!
It's been a long frustrating one but Booby Trapper is pointing at the finish line now. Should be there by morning fingers crossed.

Dipper

Visit site
I'm no where near a PC at the mo so I hope my boat came in before the wind goes on the nose

You have finished 148th.

If you don't have internet access, how did you post here. Must be some idongle or android pad thingy that I don't understand. :confused:

pendlecats

Visit site
Thanks for that.

My iPhone wont run the SO program, I left work about an hour before crossing the line, but that wind was shifting round so a bit panicky I would get home with the boat stalled a foot from the finish with everyone passing me :(

As it was :D now for stage3, I hope they keep 2 running long enough for all ybw's to get in.

trevorr

Visit site
I'm sure I've missed it somewhere but who is LOPUD?

Just searched back through all the posts from previous SOL campaigns and he /she has never "Outed" themselves.

They were on the chat about a week ago, from which I got the distinct impression they were routing aswell.

Now if thats not enough of a slander to get someone to post........

ybw_TREV (Just incase you hadn't figured it) :D

Trev

sereda

Visit site
Just searched back through all the posts from previous SOL campaigns and he /she has never "Outed" themselves.

They were on the chat about a week ago, from which I got the distinct impression they were routing aswell.

Now if thats not enough of a slander to get someone to post........

ybw_TREV (Just incase you hadn't figured it) :D

Trev

Indeed Sir, that IS slander and I am deeply offended............:eek:

In all honesty I do not use routing software, just have an awful lot of time on my hands since I was made redundant.

Thanks for the congrats everyone and yes Trev those holes can make a huge difference even if you are only a couple of miles behind going into one. About 48hrs from finish I was watching you very closely and did get a little worried as you headed East over the top of me.

Good luck everyone with leg three.

Spyro

Visit site

In all honesty I do not use routing software, just have an awful lot of time on my hands since I was made redundant.

Thanks for the congrats everyone and yes Trev those holes can make a huge difference even if you are only a couple of miles behind going into one. About 48hrs from finish I was watching you very closely and did get a little worried as you headed East over the top of me.

Good luck everyone with leg three.

Now I am confused how did you get a YBW prefix before joining the forum? Have you been lurking a while?

sereda

Visit site
Perhaps we should create a handicap system to give those of us that have to work a chance to win something?

That said, well done Lopud.

Tony

If you're working how come you are posting on here :) Another handicap system for those who are working but periodically get chance to look at SOL maybe.

I am scared to get a job now !

I have been registered with YBW since about 2002 but for the life of me cannot remember my username, though am still hunting for it.

Probably read every post to do with sailing though, but happy just to read most of the time, probably only 50 posts ever!!!

trevorr

Visit site

Ok OK, I retract. Got you out though :D

Nice to put a ..erm... post to a name, I wouldn't have known where to send the prize to if you win.

Welcome onboard and good Luck in leg 3.

Trev

sereda

Visit site
ybwlopud has been racing on SOL for nearly 2 1/2 years now, though I have had a rest from it for about a year now due mainly to frustration in the Fastnet race. I had decided I was going to have a real try at it and only have very minimal sleep. It worked, with 2 miles to the finish line in Plymouth I think it was, I was 2nd with no chance of being overtaken, but the lack of sleep had taken its toll and I nodded off.

I awoke as my boat gently nudged the French coastline. I had accidentally set a delayed DC earlier on and not deleted it. When i really zoomed in to my track the change of course had happened just yards from the finish!!!

Dipper

Visit site
I'm still trying to finish but I can't load the page any more. Is it just me?

I did set a DC earlier that should cross the line. If that didn't work I'm halfway to Antarctica. :mad:

trevorr

Visit site
I'm still trying to finish but I can't load the page any more. Is it just me?

I did set a DC earlier that should cross the line. If that didn't work I'm halfway to Antarctica. :mad:

You get the position you were when they close the leg.
I'll put the Leg 2 results up tomorrow for the ybw elite group.

Trev

Dipper

Visit site
Thanks for that. I thought they left the races open much longer in the past. Or maybe I finished sooner!