Congrats to Ellen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Colvic Watson

Visit site
Amazing - everything about what she's done on this voyage is extraordinary. Mast climbs; coping with injury; raciing hard all day everyday for weeks on end; rebuilding a watermaker, generator and mast track. And with 20 mins of sleep a night. Way to go!

andyorr

Visit site
Did anyone listen to Radio Five this am? Nicky Campbell Show.... so many whinging, derogatory text messages belittling her achievements. We are champions at this in the UK.

anubis

Visit site
I met her in France... autographs for the children 'go for it', had time to talk and very encouraging. I agree what's wrong with some of the media?...similar response in the Independent on Saturday. How many folk would stay 1 day/night in the S. Ocean...let alone do the trip?
An awesome achievement.

Talbot

Visit site
a superb achievement, ignore people who belittle this, as it is patently obvious that they have absolutely no idea of the size of her accomplishment.

PaulJ

Visit site
HERE HERE ! What she has achieved is incredible, I just don't have the words to express my admiration for that young lady. Let the detractors say what they like.... She is the one who did it.... She has outsailed them, she has out "heroed" them. I know who I would prefer to go sailing with!

It seems inadequate but.....

WELL DONE Ellen and WELL DONE to the rest of the team!

HeadMistress

Visit site
First, let me add my admiration for Ellen's tremendous accomplishment!

I'm convinced that only someone in the 20s-early 30s has the stamina to do it! Which brings me to a question: what kind of physical fitness training, diet etc would she have to do before leaving in order to be in shape for that kind of ordeal?

billmacfarlane

Visit site
It's a sad British disease - knocking success - perpetrated by an even sadder British media. She's a superhero as far as I'm concerned. A wonderful achievement by one helluva lady.

AGalloway

Visit site
It's been an astonishing attack by the media and not just the tabloids, the Daily Mail's diatribe was the worst I read though. The point about the technology is fair in only a scale of 1 out of 10. OK she's not hanging off the side trying to get a sight on her plastic sextant and her boat must've being going hell for leather constantly but in so doing that brings its own dangers. The media - I doubt - would have not even been impressed if she was a blind double amputee (and I mean no offence to anyone).

I started on a Corribee too; please sir, when can I have a 75 foot yacht? I'll call her Homebase or perhaps Focus...

Well done to her anyway

btlynn

Visit site
She is brilliant!!! These days there's not much to cheer about in the UK and someone like her certainly warms the winter.
I would like to see the media journalists, that knock her, list their own life achievments!!!!

fireball

Visit site
Did you see the ITV1 virtual model of the boat? It had the main backed ... and it didn't have any roach .... really - you'd've thought the graphic people would have done a little research!!

ITV1 also compaired it to the 67 and 69 circumnavigations, but they did mention the raising and lowering of sails several times a day.... I think the best comment for me was a BBC interview with the public - one couple were asked if they thought they could do the same trip - the lady answered an emphatic !NO! and the bloke ..... I'd like to think I could .... so - yup ... getting round is quite an achievement ... but to beat the record - thats exceptional sailing (and a touch of luck!)

A

angelsson

Just like to add my congrats on what has been a superb achievement by our Ellen and her support team. We should ignore the critics in the press, nobody has ever erected a statue to remember a critic, they are reserved for acheivers like Ellen who will never be forgotten, unlike the critics.
Has anyone heard of a French congrat yet?
Well done Ellen, you are simply the best.
Mike

Salty

Visit site
Yes. Joyon was very magnaminous in his praise, and the French press covered it enthusiastically - they seem to have adopted her as one of their own.

heerenleed

www.heerenleed.com
Adding my congratulations I must say yes, I did hear of a French congratulation. I was travelling from Switzerland back to the Netherlands yesterday and heard on the French radio station Nostalgie that Ellen had won the record, and also that she will recieve the title'"Dame" from the Queen of Britain.
A very enth0ousiastic report, very French and yet very positive for Ellen.
I was pleased to hear it.

cheers

richardandtracy

Visit site
Congratulations to Ellen

I agree, it's an amazing achievement. The figures are stunning. She's quite, quite amazing. I've never even got up to her average speed.

What I don't get, though, is the point. I much prefer the idea of gently pottering & seeing things. I would feel it had been a wasted journey had I travelled 27000 miles and been nowhere.

Regards

Richard.