Competent and experianced Boat Electrician wanted Preveza/Lefkas. 2/3 day job

Bertramdriver

www.williamsandsmithells.com
I'm having trouble finding a suitable boat electrician around Aktion. The job is to finish a generator/ charger conversion, started by an ex employee who unfortunately passed away half way through the job. (No connection with the work)

The job is to fit a RCDb on the shore power inlet, rewire the battery charger from 110v input to 220v (all documented on case) and redirect Onan Genny 220v output (uprated from 110v) directly to battery charger and to a transformer driving the aircon.

Annoyingly it's the sort of job I could have done myself but the arthritis is winning and my mobility and coordination are beginning to be degraded. The boat is a 47' Bertram Mobo TSDY and the work can be done either ashore or afloat.

Accommodation and rations can be provided and a reasonable day rate offered. PM if interested and UK based guys wanting a bit of a working holiday would be considered.

Last edited:

Bertramdriver

Have a nice female boat electrician coming out here but not until May ...

Hi Melody hope all is well with you and the guys. Apologies but we're not missing Egina. Enjoying Preveza a lot. If your nice female boat electrician would like some work in May and is happy to travel to Lefkas/ Preveza we would like to meet her. I have a very full toolkit on board and a spare cabin. Rates negotiable.
Regards Jon

sailaboutvic

Visit site
Hi Melody hope all is well with you and the guys. Apologies but we're not missing Egina. Enjoying Preveza a lot. If your nice female boat electrician would like some work in May and is happy to travel to Lefkas/ Preveza we would like to meet her. I have a very full toolkit on board and a spare cabin. Rates negotiable.
Regards Jon

So I understand , female electrician have their own tool kits compleat with rabbits .:)

Ps in Aiblike If them beers are still going

Last edited:

kcu06ajc

Visit site
I'm having trouble finding a suitable boat electrician around Aktion. The job is to finish a generator/ charger conversion, started by an ex employee who unfortunately passed away half way through the job. (No connection with the work)

The job is to fit a RCDb on the shore power inlet, rewire the battery charger from 110v input to 220v (all documented on case) and redirect Onan Genny 220v output (uprated from 110v) directly to battery charger and to a transformer driving the aircon.

Annoyingly it's the sort of job I could have done myself but the arthritis is winning and my mobility and coordination are beginning to be degraded. The boat is a 47' Bertram Mobo TSDY and the work can be done either ashore or afloat.

Accommodation and rations can be provided and a reasonable day rate offered. PM if interested and UK based guys wanting a bit of a working holiday would be considered.

Hi Just wondered of you found anyone i also have need of a competent marine electrician might make it more worth their while probably got a couple of days work too on my' boat based in the Cleopatra yard.

Alistair

Bertramdriver

Hi Alistair
Original plan was to talk to Paleros at Lefkas, but coincidently Andreas and Vittoria, the two Italians running the boat service company from Ionian yard put me in touch with a German trained Greek mechanic who is a perfectionist and is sorting out my black / grey tank systems at the moment. The first electrician I have found outside Athens who would touch it (27 relays Doh!). He runs a repair garage but has a good head for complex systems. I've decided to give him the Genny job once he's finished the tanks. If he does a decent job I'll forward his details to you. Fingers crossed!

kcu06ajc

Visit site
Hi Alistair
Original plan was to talk to Paleros at Lefkas, but coincidently Andreas and Vittoria, the two Italians running the boat service company from Ionian yard put me in touch with a German trained Greek mechanic who is a perfectionist and is sorting out my black / grey tank systems at the moment. The first electrician I have found outside Athens who would touch it (27 relays Doh!). He runs a repair garage but has a good head for complex systems. I've decided to give him the Genny job once he's finished the tanks. If he does a decent job I'll forward his details to you. Fingers crossed!

Ok great thanks for your help,

what are his rates like?

Bertramdriver

I can recommend George. Although Greek spent many years working in Germany. He's a mechanic/ electrician with a brain and excellent work discipline.
Can be contacted on 30 2682 060279
Seems to charge around €200 per day.
He's achieved what many others wouldn't even attempt.
Good luck