COMMENT/APPOLOGY? FROM YACHTBITS

G

FIRSTLY THIS IS NOT AN ADVERT!

I am sorry if some people felt that my postings were adverts. They were not intended that way, I only wanted to offer a bit of info/advice. In reality the postings were directed at the authors of the original postings and maybe we should ask them what they felt about my postings and whether they felt that I was trying to sell them something. John (Radar posting) and Ken (Solar Posting) what are your thoughts? the postings were essentially for your benefits.

I did not comment on any particular brand or suggest pricing or offer to supply. I want the correct system supplied to the enquirer, so that he is happy with the product and happy to use it and therefore happy to use his boat. Regardless of where he buys it!

BANNER ADS - I have twice enquired about pricing and terms for banner ads on this site and I'm still awaiting a response! Having said that, the banner ad would not have highlighted the Radar selection page or contained solar panel derating info.

One last point, the posting of the complaint has only highlighted yachtbits as the subject line contains the domain name. Thanks for the plug!

kev smith www.yachtbits.co.uk marine electronics for sale and advice for free!

G

Re: COMMENT/APOLOGY? FROM YACHTBITS

I thought the postings in question were quite acceptable, useful even.

G

I agree - it looks like a useful website- thanks for bringing it to my attention. nm

nm

G

I think we should be gratefull that people who make a living in the industry are prepared to give us their advice for free, it is then up to us what we do with that advice. Eddie

G

Valuable info

Kev responded to a question from me, his reply assisted me and I consider him a useful contributer to this forum

G

ReYACHTBITS

If suppliers were not prepared to make freely availiable information on products they market the internet would be a poorer place. The amount of free information they provide is essential to the usefullness of the internet. It must also be remembered that the suppliers usually know a fair bit about the subject. I see no problem at anyone answering a subscribers question by directing them towards any web site. I think there is more of a problem by the 'holier than thou' brigade who seem to congrigate on certain forums. It is good and essential however that everyone can post their own opinion.

G

I was quite happy with the reply and would have weighed up any "branding" hoping to get useful info to assist in purchase - in fact "de-rating" was a specific reply to "lab" or "sales/promotion" figures which tend to be optomistic wrt such as solar panels. In any case the email address is a clear indication of source....isn't it?

G

WHO DO YOU THINK YOU\'RE KIDDING?

How many more buddies have you got to make phoney postings and give us glowing accounts of your ill-informed advice and cheap sales tactics?