Coastal Residential Liveaboard moorings

jj42

Visit site
Does anyone know of marinas or other moorings that are on or nearish the coast suitable for motorboat (so don’ t dry out).

I want something with proper approved residential status (council tax etc) but it looks like most residential moorings are aimed at narrow boats / barges and most are inland.

I found Hull Marina seems one option if they have space but haven’t had much luck finding any other marinas on the coast with residential permission.

nortada

Visit site
Does anyone know of marinas or other moorings that are on or nearish the coast suitable for motorboat (so don’ t dry out).

I want something with proper approved residential status (council tax etc) but it looks like most residential moorings are aimed at narrow boats / barges and most are inland.

I found Hull Marina seems one option if they have space but haven’t had much luck finding any other marinas on the coast with residential permission.

How far afield are you interested in, just East Coast or byond.

Last edited:

PlanB

Visit site
Virtually all marinas forbid liveaboards in writing.
Some turn a blind eye.
How important is it to you that it is a totally legit place?

syvictoria

Visit site
If you can't take the ground, would renting a cheap flat nearby perhaps open up your options?

Many marinas will receive post for customers, but I assume that's not sufficient for your needs?