Cleaning Gas Cooker Burners

davidmh

Visit site
I have Plastimo Neptune gas cooker, the hob burners sometimes do not light all the burner outlets. I have tried scraping the cast iron burner top and poked out the burner holes and it is better but still not perfect. Since the Cast Iron head just lifts off I was thinking is there any solution you can dip the burner in which will dissolve the carbon build, some of it looks like rust.
David MH

IanCC

Visit site
I have Plastimo Neptune gas cooker, the hob burners sometimes do not light all the burner outlets. I have tried scraping the cast iron burner top and poked out the burner holes and it is better but still not perfect. Since the Cast Iron head just lifts off I was thinking is there any solution you can dip the burner in which will dissolve the carbon build, some of it looks like rust.
David MH
Wire brush worked dor me. Get them really clean.

Metalicmike

Visit site
There is no shortcut, they are cast Iron and they do rust and the rust causes partial blockage. Modern burners are aluminium, maybe someone is producing aluminium replacements (would be good but I don't have a clue).

IanCC

Visit site
David MH
I think i used a drill bit the right size for the holes. Persist mine went from.awful to great.

plumbob

Visit site
You can get gas burner files in a little set, but use a little bronze brush from a plumbers merchant and if you have power, vacuum on as you go.

davidmh

Visit site
Thanks for the replies, Stenmar has a point and this gap is created by the shape of the indents in tha casting. The idea of dipping it a mild acid to dissolve the rust is good, would Oxalic acid have the same affect, it seems to to remove rust stains from GRP.
David MH