CHUCKADUCKS BIG DAY OUT 07 with pics PART 2

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
See part 1 HERE

With all the carburettor trouble I can say i was on tenderhooks but I reckoned that if we made it past Twickers then we would be ok ! we got to teddington with Miniskip at the helm and carried on upstream towards Hampton Court without stopping in Kingston for a coffee . Swymbo is so engrossed with the paper she forgets the sun for which she later pays the price !

Me ? well I am in the back just enjoying the day

taggsMedium.jpg

As we pass the Island There are Raggies ahead we pass them without mishap and I must say these are Impressive vessels

ragMedium-2.jpg

So fine I had to post another Picture

rag1Medium.jpg

Earlier we passed one of Byrons Chums /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ditchMedium-1.jpg

As we arrive at Hampton court this rather nice classic passes us we saw them later in the day and on both occasions all that I observed was Nice boat shame about the occupants why ? well the words snob and stuck up spring to mind

If you look to starboard you can see the moorings of the Thames wotsit yacht or somithing club not a single boat has gone out ! always it amazes me that this lot mainly enjoy sitting on their boats but dont seem to venture out their main pastimes seem to be barbeques and mooring ish competitions

snobsMedium.jpg

We moor up by the lock there and chill out, by now it is midday so we break open the provisions salmon brown bread for me and miniskip, while swmbo has some sort of healthy sandwich !!

Miniskip tries a bit of fishing

fish1Medium.jpg

whilst by the Bridge we hear the sound of Bagpipes !!! and an artist at work. hoards of Bikes stream down the path on some sort of sponsored ride and we enjoy the summers day.

paintMedium.jpg

We stay for a while before going downstream for a spot of lunch.

Well thats all for now folks as I think that the exitement of this epic tale could be too much for some of the faint hearted amongst you /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Coming tomorrow ????????????

PART 3 of Chuckaducks EPIC DRAMA /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk
Epic???? Epic????? Thats not epic....thats a little gentle riverbourne saunter.
You will have passed me by shortly before you took picture 1 as I was moored on your port side just below Kingston road bridge but I would probably have been in John Lewis/M&S/Maplins or the West Cornwall Pasty Company shop buying my lunch.

I left there at 1400 hours bound upriver by which time you would have sneeked down to the Swan and been hiding when I passed by.

Epic indeed ! Tomorrows pics better be good or .........

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
Qoute ...

Epic indeed ! Tomorrows pics better be good or .........

End quote .......

Just you wait epic tales are coming tomorrow with shocking pictures of evil creatures from the deep !!!

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
[ QUOTE ]
You met Forbsie then /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Fraid so
But Can say my theraphist says im a aa a a am g ggg gg g g gettttinggggg b bb bb betteeerrr

/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

byron

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

cmon Byron !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I am just the whipping boy, because I want NBs and other illegal immigrants sent back where they belong. You all cite me as a NB hater yet everyone one talks to is fed up with the live-aboard tax dodging, thieving parasites that infest the Thames. They are only here because E.A. do not police them whereas British Waterways does not tolerate them.
I enjoyed the pictures and when I have saved enough out of the pittance I earn after being taxed to support Britain's variety of toerags, I too will buy a box-brownie like Tony's & yours and put snaps on the web.

miket

Visit site
Definitely a thrill a second!
You really should be a little careful about jumping to ill informed conclusions.
Your less than flattering comments about the TMYC (Thames Motor Yacht Club) at Molesey Lock.
I have enjoyed their hospitality, as a visitor, on a number of occasions and they are a great crowd.
Yes, they do have a number of events at their club headquarters. That is one of the benefits of having a clubhouse able to host large numbers.
Yes, they do have a few boat handling competitions each year, which is why the standard of their boat handling is so high.
They are also an RYA recognised training centre and run courses throughout the winter in all levels of power boat use, including engine maintenance. Perhaps you would benefit from enroling on one of these in view of your continuous mechanical problems.
As for not using their boats ...... Every year the current Commodore does an overseas cruise in company (always very well attended), usually for at least 3 weeks taking in different destinations each year including Holland, Normandy, Brittany, Channel Islands, etc. A little more adventurous than Twickenham to Hampton Court?!!
Some of their retired members have cruised much further, including the Baltic.

Don't make the error, as many do, that because they have big boats that they are all stuck up toffs. They are not. They just happen to have made adequate money that they have chosen to spend on their preferred hobby.

For the record, I am not a member of TMYC but do hold them in high regard.

Sorry if the above sounds a little explosive, but I do dislike it when people jump to conclusions without real evidence.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
Mike I think you got the wrong end of the stick ! If you read the post properly you will see that my ref to stuck up etc applied to the couple in the classic boat in the Picture and not the tmyc

snobsMedium.jpg

I do not know their members personally but be assured that I dont carry an agenda with pre concieved opinions or of a jealous nature as you suggested

And in my post i did not make any derogatory statement towards them all I said is that they rarely venture out which is true it is also true that they enjoy bbqs and mooring competitions

Nothing derogotory about that is there ?? just a comment

byron

RIP
Visit site
Actually TMYC do have their fair share of dickheads Mike. We both know that they even managed to get themselves banned from the ATYC competitions a few years back for bad sportsmanship.
Having said that I commend them for their annual day out for god's special children when they give them a great time and boat trips. I have never enjoyed their hospitality as I always stay with the Turkish Mafia when I am in that area but I have hear nice things about it.

miket

Visit site
Actually I didn't misread your post, but I made the assumption (wrongly) that you were also thinking of TMYC as stuck up, which they are not.
Some of their boats may go out rarely, but when they do, as I said, they do do fairly serious cruising and an interesting predicted log that takes place in the lower reaches of the Thames Estuary.
In answer also, to Byron's response, every club has it's "dickheads", including UTMYC and ODCC, and yes, perhaps occasionally they do take their competitions rather too seriously but they bounce back and are still the team to beat, which is one of the reasons their boat handling generally is very good.

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
Mike thanks for the ( muted ) apology

Two points

Firstly

My big day out posts are designed to be entertaining light relief and an insight to a day out on the river, whether we are in our little binnie or something grander it is all the same.

Secondly

your quote

> A little more adventurous than Twickenham to Hampton Court?!! >

was a tad patronising

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
[ QUOTE ]
Can we see the photos now please C. ? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Patience Gavi you will have to wait for the final part for more photos !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Btw the final episode of the epic drama will be posted later today

pheran

Visit site
You don't happen to know the class of those yachts do you? (second and third pix) Absolutely beautiful and what a high aspect rig. Suspect it may be a special Thames design. As an ex-raggie............. (ooops, now I've gone and outed myself!)

Andrew_Fanner

Visit site
>>>
Hah, got one you didnt know at last.
They're Thames A Raters
>>>

Lovely boats, last seen by me racing at Bourne End, getting >4.5 knots upstream fairly close hauled, and knowing the Colreg about giving way to power when overtaking power, although as he was racing I cut to tickover and pulled into the bank as far as I could.

Judging by the subsequent bang he won the race too.