CHUCKADUCKS BAD DAY OUT with pics PART 1

chuckaduck

www.coolphotographic.com
2 weeks ago we were to take the binnie down to the draw dock at Isleworth Ait by the apprentice for a clean on the hull and some other routine maintenance

tide was right 8 ish am and pm but we were thwarted

THE STARTER PACKED UP

I removed the offending article to find the front bell housing of the starter had broken away from the body

so that week I took it and 2 other starters ( which I have for spares ) to newport ign hounslow for a full rebuild

last week I picked them up and paid newport two hundred sovs for the two reconditioned starters last friday me and miniskip fitted one and all was semi ok but I was not entirely happy as the starter was turning slowly ( field winding sympton ) but it was working and we took her out for a spin so all seemed ok

This weekend the tide was right again ie 7 am and pm so miniskip and I went to take her round to the draw dock well the starter immediatly ground to a halt and smoke coming from it I sent miniskip back to get a spare battery just in case while he was doing this I changed the starter for the second one bolted it up and hey presto it span the engine over like concorde ( job done I thought )

With her started and ready we took her down to the draw dock by the apprentice and soon she was on the hard ( sorry no pics yet ( I forgot to put the sd card in the camera ) PRATT any way we cleaned the port side and some of the starboard side and some other work fitting a transducer and an effort to change the prop

having brought 3 spare props on ebay I find that the splines are different so out comes the file after an hour or so all the bumps and rough edges are almost smooth again

[image]
prop.jpg
[/image]

miniskip and i continued throughout the day cleaning the hull and waited for the evening tide to take her back to our mooring at the river crane the water rose

AND THEN DISASTER STRUCK

Sorry forumites you will have to wait for part two for the next thrilling installment

JKay

Visit site
Not bad for a starter!

who nicked the prop?

Sorry to hear you've had problems

Now where is the rest?

cheers Joe

Major Catastrophe

Visit site
Two things, isn't it very annoying when you try to take pictures and then realise that your media card is still in the card reader attached to your computer sixty miles away.

And, why is your boat sitting on some nasty looking grindy beach?

I am hoping that the phrase <span style="color:blue">"AND THEN DISASTER STRUCK" </span>refers to the fact that the local pub ran out of prawn tempura and not a beach/prop related boating mishap.

Dipper

Visit site
I think we should all guess what happened next.

My guess is he beached her at high water and now it's heading towards neaps he's stuck for 2 weeks.
/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif