Cheap liveaboard mooring close to London

nickrj

www.bigoceans.com
Hi all,

In my endless attempt to somehow make enough money to sail my boat, I have decided my opportunities may grow exponentially if I can be closer to London to work.

So, my question is, other than Limehouse basin, can anyone recommend cheap, close to London/transport moorings suitable for a Contessa 26? I am looking for a two month stay, maybe three depending on a number of factors...

Thanks for your help, Nick

byron

RIP
Visit site
First of all do not tell a Marina you intend to live aboard. Most if not all are precluded from this by Council Bye-Laws. Best just take the berth and keep quiet.
For my money I would use St Katherines. Taxis, Buses and Tube nearby. Supermarket almost on top of East Basin. Bars, restuarants and shops all to hand. Sure it costs a little more than Lime House but well worth the extra few pence.

Nat

Visit site
If you want cheap try Gallions. Nothing there, but cheap & ok for local transport.
You will be very lucky to get in any of the others exept for St Kats which would be my choice. Slightly more expensive than the others but very cosmopolitan & upmarket.

MiskinDriver

Visit site
If you can get on to the canals, then Brentford is probably your best bet - there are real residential moorings there - but it may be a question of losing the mast?

The London marinas - with the exception of St Katherine (which will cost you an arm, leg and any other loose appendages) - don't have residential moorings available. Though you'd get away with it at Gallion's if you speak nicely to the bold Eric (or better, Leigh - she's much more attarctive), the noise is horrendous since you are about quarter of a mile from the threshold at London City Airport.

Other threads that may be of interest