Cheap berths Italy Spain

GAJ

Visit site
We intend to move the boat slowly from Greece Westwards this summer on a very limited budget!

Any advice as to cheap berths or anchorages enroute would be most gratefully received.

ccscott49

Visit site
I'd be interested aswell, going the opposite way, I think Sardinia for next winter is on. Alghero.

tertim

Visit site
Hello ccscott49

I am in the process of of buying a 44 foot yacht in palma and would like to bring it to Barcelona or alicante. I see from your previous posts that you are based in Barcelona and that you paid 3300 euros for the winter period, could you tell me the cost for a full year for a 44 foot yacht.

Thanks

tertim

ccscott49

Visit site
They have a website, do a search for Marina Port Vell, the prices are on there, I cant remember, but they seemed quite reasonable to me. The services are being improved all the time, (they are rewiring right now) If I wanted to stay in Spain, I would give very serious consideration to Barca.

5900, a year for up to 15m, then elec and water above that, but metered, so no real problem.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by ccscott49 on 02/02/2003 17:20 (server time).</FONT></P>

davidbains

Visit site
GAJ, I sailed a tri from Gib to Greece over several years and we almost
always anchored. Basically the info is in the yachtsman's pilots and
their purchase price is well worth the fees saved.
The route has some bearing obviously. Are wanting to cruise the Rivieras
of Italy and France, or are you prepared to cruise north Sicily, Sardinia,
the Balearics. The latter will probably be chaeaper.

GAJ

Visit site
Hi Dave,
We were thinking of Italy, Sardinia, Corsica, Balearics as a route. I have sailed in Spain but that was over 15 years ago and things change. It is good to know that there are anchorages still available. I am just in the process of obtaining pilots an charts. Have you any recomendation?
Regards
Graham J

davidbains

Visit site
For Italy, Sicily and Sardinia you need Rod Heikell's Italian Waters Pilot.
For Corsica there is one by Heikell and one by Brandon I believe. However
you could leave from Alghero in Sardinia straight for Mahon, Menorca.
Imray publish pilots for the Balearics and Med Spain as well.
Many marinas are in harbours and you can anchor nearby.
I favour Porto Conte just west of Alghero. Basically you will
find it harder in Spain. I used Porto Colom in Majorca and various
anchorages on the north coast of Menorca, although you can
anchor in Mahon north of the small island. Obviously a good
dinghy and reliable outboard are preferable. I am very impressed
with my new Honda 2hp after years of struggling with a Seagull!
Some pilots are available secondhand, try Warsash Nautical Books
or appeal to our fellow subscribers! Many will have updated there
pilots and sell you the old ones. The anchorages dont change.
If you email me direct on david.bains@virgin.net I'll make
specific anchoring suggestions for your trip. Cheers.

JOANDSTEFFAN

Just sailed the med - now in uk after 2 years away
Visit site
We left Dequesa in Spain last April and arrived in Cyprus last month - back in uk for a bit in light of the Iraq situation. We are 14.25 metres and found plenty of anchorages in the Balearics with a jump off from Mahon to Alghero where we wintered for £600 including haul out and haul back in the boatyard. It was thoroughly enjoyable and would recommend it to anyone. Then to Sicilly (Very expensive but Cefalau ? was a dream - anchor in good weather just of the town rather than going around to the marina. via the Aeolian Islands - Volcanoe Island was great. Rocella Ionica is a free Marina (It was in June this year) and we waited for weather window to Corfu from here. One of the marinas in the Pilor Saliche Jonche ? is silted up although it does not tell you this in the pilot ! Med Almanac was useful for this especially after a very lond days sail ! Happy Sailing
Jo and Steffan - Radiant Spirit