Cheap as chips or plain rubbish

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
There's a 1998 Hawk 34 with twin Yanmars for sale in MBY for £75,000. It's ex charter so is reduced in price.

On the same page is another 1998 Hawk 34 also with twin Yanmars but for £115,000.

The advert states that the ex-charter one need time money and tlc to get her back into shape. However £40,000 buys a lot of tlc.

Anyone been to see it?

byron

RIP
Visit site
A saving of £40k certainly will buy a lot of work, it sounds like a good deal to me... but hey! what do I know I'm always being ripped off.

http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

oldgit

Visit site
Yummie P 435.

Just bin to look at the picture of your boat Your Honour.Gawd blimey guv wot a cracker.
Now if i can just get the little woman round the back of the town hall for a few months.

And here is the weekend weather..

byron

RIP
Visit site
Re: Yummie P 435.

My Missus has a nice house filled up with a zillions squids worth of crap from every bleedin' jumble sale from Biggleswade to Bangladesh. In that house I have been allocated a tiny room about 10' X 12' for my PC & TV. So its only fair I can have a boat.

http://www.alexander-advertising.co.uk

tcm

Visit site
Re: Mr Inbetween

i lovit that petem crawls thru the boat mag adverts.

Ahem anyway, the 115k ad is from mr Ron Hopeful, or even Sunseeker themselves, who usually excel themselves by pricing a 2nd hand boats at slightly more than the pre vat price.

I wd buy the cheap one, provided that it floats adn still has one end more pointy that the other.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Don\'t try and pretend.....

that you get television in the CI's.

Once read an interview with the man himself (Mr Dickinson), in Loaded I think. Apparently someone once told him he looked like he'd been dipped in tea. Someone else said he looked like Bob Monkhouse's dad!

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Sunseeker

I spent yesterday looking at 'pre-owned' Sunseekers in their yard down in Poole. Their prices are heroicly optimistic even though they give you a coffee, put a welcome sign in reception and the girl behind the desk smiles ever so sweetly.
The rationale seems to be that deliveries of some new models are into 2004 (apparently) so Joe Punter is going jump at anything secondhand but does anyone actually buy these things? There does'nt seem to be much movement in their prices either

EME

www.lumishore.com
Sunseekr UK\'International/Europe

.......are actually different organisations. The sales comapny have little if anything to do with the manufacturers...

There is a long story behind the company and its past relationship with Sunseeker International ( I posted on this before I think). Truth is old company have been taken over BUT stock is owned by principal of old comapny... SO .............all available to shift as I understand it.....

To their credit all of those boats have been totally renovated and overhauled..I've crawled around some wip and veryimpressive.

Prices have already been dropped ( I can give you examples if you pm) and some if not all are actually available for at least 10% less ...again pm if you want toknow specifics of what I got them down to...

<font color=black>I am WHAT I say I am

D

Deleted User YDKXO

Re: Sunseekr UK\'International/Europe

I know that. The sales operation for Europe is Sunseeker Europe who are German owned but, you're right, some of the stock is still owned by the proprietor of the old UK sales company. I was told that they are trying to run down their stock because they dont see the necessity to offer trade-ins against new boats because new boats are on such long deliveries. All the same, I think their prices are 10-20% above true market value, IMHO, and I dont think that's worth a bit of preparation and a limited warranty
Sunseeker Europe appoint sub-dealers like David Lewis and I think their prices are more realistic

oldgit

Visit site
Re: Yummie P 435.

Ahem ,why anyone would want to buy Miami Vice drug dealer type boat,when your much nicer quality person type boat is available is beyond me.

And here is the weekend weather..