Channel 37

M Cuff

Visit site
I’ve just bought a yacht with a Standard Horizon gx2200e vhf/gps/ais. I was about to call the sailing club launch on channel 37 but couldn’t find channel 37 or m1. I’m sure the radio is set to international mode. I scrolled through all the channels and there wasn’t m1 or n1. I’ve looked through the manual and the channel is listed. Can anyone offer help on how to find the elusive channel!
Thanka

MikeCC

www.allGadgets.co.uk
There should be a slip of yellow paper in the manual which explains how to select UK channel set.

You have to switch on the radio while holding a couple of buttons down (might be 16 and CLR) to get to channel menu.

M Cuff

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have checked and I am on ‘international’. The channels go 1-28 and then 60-88. There is no 37 or m1 etc when turning the ch dial. I don’t have a yellow slip of paper either. I’m a bit stuck!

M Cuff

Visit site
Thanks again for your help. All I can see is USA, Canada and international. I’ll contact standard horizon and see what they say.

pvb

Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I have checked and I am on ‘international’. The channels go 1-28 and then 60-88. There is no 37 or m1 etc when turning the ch dial. I don’t have a yellow slip of paper either. I’m a bit stuck!

You say you have a GX2200E. As far as I can see, the manual doesn't list channel 37 as being one of the ones available in the International channel set, although new radios sold in the UK often have this enabled. You say you've recently bought your boat, so the radio might not have been bought in the UK. The best course of action is to contact Standard Horizon in the UK - they are very helpful and will tell you how to sort this out.

M Cuff

Visit site
I’ve tried it all. Really confused by it and the manual is not particularly helpful. I have emailed standard horizon uk to see what they say.

M Cuff

Visit site
You say you have a GX2200E. As far as I can see, the manual doesn't list channel 37 as being one of the ones available in the International channel set, although new radios sold in the UK often have this enabled. You say you've recently bought your boat, so the radio might not have been bought in the UK. The best course of action is to contact Standard Horizon in the UK - they are very helpful and will tell you how to sort this out.

the boat underwent a refit last year in devon so I can only presume it was bought in the uk given the lockdowns etc!

kalanka

Visit site
I have a GX 1400 with the same problem. SH did not respond to my enquiry but Cactus, the seller did. I have not yet been to the boat to try this:

There was a little slip of paper included in the box - you basically need to tell the radio where it is and it will then load on the UK channels including M1/M2.

If you do not have this leaflet anymore the process is below:
Turn Radio Off
Press + hold 16 and menu whilst switching on
Region selection will appear on display
Use the up and down arrow to select region and press enter
Press ok and radio will restart with Uk channels loaded
Hope that helps!