Chalon to Paris via the Loire canal system

kalindi

Visit site
Hi
We will be departing Chalon sur Saone in a couple of weeks time heading for Paris via the Loire Canal system. We are really at the maximum limit with a draft of 1.7m and although general advice seems to be we should be ok the problem of finding somewhere bankside or quay for the night is quite real. I have read the blog by Valhalla, with similar draft, but wondered if anyone else can give other recommendations for stopping places? We are quite happy with the bankide for a few nights but will need a quay for water etc on some occasions. Thanks in anticipation of advice

BoyBlue49

Visit site
I have just returned from Briare having motored from Paris via the Seine, canal du Loing and the canal de Briare with an indicated 2+ mt. all the way. Depth of water depends on local rain fall so this could be a problem where ever you go. Ten years ago I too motored from Chalon to Paris via canal du Centre and canal de Lateral du Loire, I remember it being OK in the middle of the canals but iffy towards the banks, however there are usually temporary morings at locks but few marinas.