CAT expert?

Renegade_Master

Visit site
Just a thought my 350hp CAT 3126, how many litres would that be?

I need this to calculate the amount of "RESTORE" Ametech Engine restorer

by the way anyone with experience of this stuff? apparantly it contains CSL particles, thats copper lead and summat else which "fills the wear groves" in the cylinder liners which can cause loss of compression

Heckler

Visit site

by the way anyone with experience of this stuff? apparantly it contains CSL particles, thats copper lead and summat else which "fills the wear groves" in the cylinder liners which can cause loss of compression
Snake Oil
Stu

Bilgediver

Visit site

Let us know the results. It might let us believe there are good Snake Oils as well as bad.:D:D:D

Let someone else try it in their Cat gearbox!!!!!!!

TopDonkey

Visit site
I used it in my Citroen car about 5 years ago as it was knocking lightly on the big ends, it didn't do anything for the knocking, and then 3 weeks later the head gasket blew, upon pulling the head off to do a gasket change, it was found that the narrow coolant passages between the block and head were blocked by a metallic substance that i believe was the ametech stuff, i chipped it out and flushed the radiator which has loads more metallic particles in it, and put a new head gasket on and it ran fine after that.

So beware !