Caribbean cruisers swap shop. Does such a thing exist?

Oscarpop

Visit site
So, we finally made it to st Lucia and it's awesome.
However as we start our cruising it is possibly apparent we need a bigger outboard than the 3.5 Hp we have.

does anyone know if the Caribbean cruisers have some sort of online or vhf cruisers net swap shop where goods are traded?

I figure that someone may be returning to ocean cruising and want to downsize their outboard for our little beauty , while getting some sort of cash to top up the difference in value?

Ta

OrionAmelOwner

svorion1.blogspot.com
Certainly both Grenada and Trinidad have good Facebook pages which have Treasures of the Bilge sections. Grenada also has a daily cruisers net where items are traded. I'm sure that other Islands have a radio cruisers net which would have a similar section just depends which way you are heading
Grenada Cruisers Information page and Trinidad Cruisers are the FB pages but there is now also a page Eastern Caribbean Cruisers Information which might be worth a post.
Grenada Cruisers net Ch 66 international @ 7.30 local
Trinidad Cruisers Net Ch 68 ( I think) @ 8.00

TQA

sailingonelephantschild.blogspot.com
As you enter Rodney bay marina look to your left. There is an operation called something or other inflatables. They often have used OBs. Also their neighbors the OB retailers often have used trade ins. Check on the Noticeboard outside the Marina office.

Someone on one of the FB pages is selling swapping a 20 hp [ 4st ??] for something smaller.

rickym

yachtgalene.blogspot.co.uk
If you haven't found out by now there is a radio net VHF ch 68 in Rodney bay with a swap/buy section, also in Bequia ch 68, Grenada Ch 66i St Martin ch 68 can't remember the times but between 0730 and 0830. we call em the breakfast shows
Welcome to paradise!

geem

Visit site
We have a Mercury 6hp 4st hardly used and surplus to requirements but we are in St Martin. Only 18month old but only used for three months heading south in about two weeks

rickym

yachtgalene.blogspot.co.uk
Try the St Martin VHF net 0730 ch68 or ask at shrimpy's just inside the French bridge. Otherwise wait until you get to St Lucia and try the net there 0830 ch68.

Not the most sought after engine though.