Canaries Marina

H

highandry

If you're on Lanzarotte there's Marina Rubicon right on the Southern tip of the Island at Playa Blanca. About 40-45 minutes drive from the airport. I wintered there 2006, seemed a reasonable place then. A few live-a-boards who would keep an eye on your boat perhaps?

palmeras

Visit site
Marina Rubicon is the place to leave her, good security and nice people to deal with , puerto calero up the coast is to expensive , friend paid 21 euros a day, for a 12m berth ,
they will also measure your boat if its 200mm over the 12m
band they will charge your the 14m rate , Rubicon are more
reasonable. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Adaero

www.tulliana.adaero.co.uk
We are currently in Las Palmas which must be the cheapest in the Canaries?

As long as you don't want to leave the boat there during Oct/Nov when the ARC takes over you should be fine. Airport is 20min bus ride away and good connections to most UK airports.

I will read the rest of the post with interest as we are looking to move shortly when the repair work is finished.

palmeras

Visit site
The standard of maintenance and general marina presentation
in Marina Rubicon is top notch , you will be pushed to find better.

kesey

Visit site
I would agree that Rubicon is top notch, and that Graciosa is both lovely and very reasonable. I think Puerto Calero has the added advantage of only being 10 minutes from the airport, very close to shopping centres, and accessible to the Chandleries in Arrecife. In addition there are a number of private, very reasonable maintainance guys on site (liveaboards etc).

If there were a storm brewing, I'd prefer Puerto Calero any day. Not to mind that I lke the restaurants there:) Price -wise, deals can be done - like anywhere.

Adaero

www.tulliana.adaero.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
Dont like the cockroaches in Las Palmas marina!

[/ QUOTE ]

I found the people to be quite nice /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We didn't have a lot of choice due to the number of different repairs we needed and most of the agents were in Las Palmas.

Any of you who haven't stayed in Las Palmas for while will be glad to know they now have a second open air night club at the eastern end of the marina!! On Friday and Saturday you can now lay on your boat and get blasted from both ends of the marina until 6.30am!!!
Overall LP is a dirty, noisy place but if you want to just leave your boat somewhere cheaply while you fly home its ok.

Moonchild

www.saillanzarote.com
I agree we have our yacht at Puerto Calero, and they have security staff who are constantly up and down the pontoons.
The staff are very helpful, and a new chandlery is being built in the marina.