Can anyone lend me a oil vacuum pump 4 or 6 litre type.

adl

Visit site
I am looking to borrow one of those 4 or 6 litre vacuum pumps to change the oil in my Volvo Penta 2030, prior to buying one just to see how good they are.

If anyone has one around Southampton - OVM or Fleet Hampshire then I could pick up tomorrow or Friday. Looking to use it this weekend or next week.

Many Thanks.

Ceejay

Visit site
This is a cheeky one if ever there was.
I can recommend these highly, no need to borrow and try, just go buy one.
CJ

PS.....Anyone lend me a 10tonne travel hoist next weekend somewhere around Oban area?........... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

lw395

Visit site
I have a pela, works brilliantly on some cars, on others (eg Pug 406) you can't get all of the oil out, however much you wiggle the tube down the dipstick hole. Likewise no use at all on BMW k1100.
Great for cleaning water and crud out of diesel tank, but you may find the original tube is too small and blocks with growth.
Also does oily bilge water, and if you fit a valve in the hose, brake bleeding/fluid changing.
It is possible to change the oil with no mess at all, just a bit of kitchen roll to wipe the suction tube with. I then leave the tube suspended above the tank so all the oil in the tube flows into the tank. Sorting something out to cap both ends of the tube after use is a winner too!

adl

Visit site
Martin

Thanks for the offer, it would appear that the general consensus is that they are worth the investment.

I am working on the boat in OVM during the day friday and then taking the boat around to port solent on the saturday, so I might as well bite the bullet and get one tomorrow morning!

Thanks again.

Alex

adl

Visit site
Well it worked pretty well, the MD2030 was supposed to need 4.3 l, couldn't get any more than 3.5 out of the sump. That will have to do.

Cheers again.