Camping gaz refills in Spain

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
We are at burriana 30 miles north of Valencia and need to refill our cylinders. We thought that camping gaz refills were plentifull here but not seen any places who do it yet!
Any ideas please

We usually found Camping Gaz at a Ferreteria. It was a fair distance in Aguadulce but we had a hire car and wouldn't have bothered otherwise. We usually found a Ferreteria within walking or cycling distance in most places. However, I think that it's about 3km from harbour to nearest Ferreteria in Burriana. I never had to buy gas there so don't know if they do stock it.

Always found it cheaper to buy from a Ferreteria even if marina could supply refills. Too far to make it worthwhile in many places.

We bought Gaz at the fuel station in the marina at Valencia (17.70 euro last year) and that lasted until Beaulieu-sur-Mer. So not much specific help I'm afraid, unless you are heading for Valencia. Sant Carles de la Rapita might be a good bet if you are heading away from Valencia.

Last edited:

pcatterall

Visit site
Thanks guys, ferretaria it is then! We do have a hire car so can travel around. Just need to find a ferretaria . We drove past one yesterday but it didn't look promising! I wonder why they have the market for gas? I suppose it could be to do with holding a licence for their own gas for cutting tools?
Thanks again.

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
You shouldn't have any problem if you have a car. Google earth shows at least 4 in Burriana
3 Plaça Generalitat Valenciana
11 Avenida Corts Valencianes
68 El Raval
26 Carrer Major

Not every Ferreteria stocks Camping Gaz, we found a fair number who didn't. Also found a few near marinas charging 4-5 euro more than others with no marina nearby. One place beside a marina in France wanted 30 euro and another close to an anchorage 2nm away was 23 euro.

We had problems swapping a Spanish Camping Gaz in Corsica. Lady at checkout said they didn't take Italian ones (Spanish just looked foreign to her and Sardinia is nearby). Might be worth trying to switch in France if you are heading to Corsica. Mainland near Spanish border might be more tolerant, but on the other hand they could also be keeping an eye open for Spanish ones. :D:D

macd

Visit site
Just need to find a ferretaria . We drove past one yesterday but it didn't look promising! I wonder why they have the market for gas? I suppose it could be to do with holding a licence for their own gas for cutting tools?

Gas cutting tools? A ferreteria is a hardware shop, aka ironmongers, hence the name in Spanish.
(Cerverceria has always amused me: beermonger.)

Last edited:

westernman

www.devalk.nl
Any Ferreteria will have campi g gas. May not be on display. simply exchange the empty one for a full one.

Indeed. Our experience has been that they are not on display and you have to ask. We have used one in Roses. From the outside it looks very unlikely to have camping gaz.

Spain is much cheaper than France for camping gaz. Even supermarkets in France the exchange of an empty for a full cylinder the cost is much higher than a Ferreteria in Spain.

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
In most towns there are 'gas shops' ask some one -for a Tienda de gas: Dónde está la tienda de gas por favor. These shops supply mainly large bottles for domestic use in houses / homes as there is almost no 'piped' gas in southern Spain.

Frequently there is no sign or advertisement of 'camping gas but if you go into the shop with your empty bottle they will change it for a full one (proper professional refill) and relieve you of normally 17€. Sometimes the refill bottles of gas are yellow but that is just cosmetic - they are camping gas bottles in light paint disguise! These shops normally sell regulators, fittings and tubing for camping gas.

Michael