Camber Quay - overnight stop advice please

My_Owd_Transom

Visit site
I'm trying to find info on Camber Quay in Pompei as I'm thinking about spending Friday night there in a 34' Rassey. I thought it could be a nice change from Gunwharf and Gosport.

I've trawled the net but can't find out too much info about facilities there (if there are any). Are there any decent pubs and can anyone tell me if there are floating visitors pontoons in there? If not how much of a nightmare is it to tie up to the wall overnight?

Mark-1

Visit site
I'm trying to find info on Camber Quay in Pompei as I'm thinking about spending Friday night there in a 34' Rassey. I thought it could be a nice change from Gunwharf and Gosport.

I've trawled the net but can't find out too much info about facilities there (if there are any). Are there any decent pubs and can anyone tell me if there are floating visitors pontoons in there? If not how much of a nightmare is it to tie up to the wall overnight?

Nice pub and two others nearby. There are public toilets you can use. You'll need fender boards.

You pay Ken Brown Yachts: http://kb-boatpark.co.uk/Camber_Docks (I think they can provide fender boards too.)

Some photos here:
http://fattie.freehostia.com/Camber/

Last edited:

Tom Price

N/A
Visit site
Camber Dock

No floating pontoons so best avoided if you're not equipped to moor against rough walls with occasional piles. Ken Brown's patch is on the North side and exposed to wash and noise from car ferries, while further in by the Bridge Inn, fishermen can be hostile - a rally there was attacked with handfulls of smelly bait. At thowing-out time drunken yobs from the pub relieve themselves over your deck.
Not recommended.

Last edited:

lustyd

Visit site
I think it;s the Bridge Tavern then around the corner are the Still and West and Spice Island.
Beer at the Bridge always used to be stale (not been in over a year) but the others are a good pint.

As for the mooring, I would go to Gunwharf and walk the 5 minutes to old Portsmouth

gerry99

www.freedom.co.uk
Make sure you are well away from where they moor the ferries overnight, otherwise you get woken at some very ungodly hour of the morning with the testing of the PA and evacuation alarms before the ferries leave for public service!! Try and get as far round towards where the fishing boats are as you can :)